Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Today, the Republican Party will elect its leader in the House of Representatives. This election will be a good opportunity to assess the relationship between the party and the President. One should notice that during the campaign, several exponents, such as the current leader of the House of Representatives Paul Ryan, did not support the candidacy of Donald Trump. For President Trump to implement his economic measures requires the consensus of the Republican Party.

I've let you get away with posting a lot of bullsh1t on this forum but you telling us you have a girlfriend is just too out there for anyone to believe.

nothing to look at but got IQ off the charts...

you never know...love is blind:cheesy:

Everything about this market says s&p 2200 before Christmas.

Just buy and hold.

25 hanles higher...pull out all the stops...HUGE CALL OF CENTURY

the postamn has called THE TOP...and its just over this ..uh top?:clap:

Well he started out iirc with around 100k so you cant really call him under capitalised. His total exposure (according to the puked trades) comes in a touch over 4x, getting hot for a pro but stone cold next to your average tarder.
At a glance doesnt looked like he manages his size very well. He also uses stops.

Theres something else that hinders this guy, you can see it in the videos.

Absolutely. Risk management=position sizing. If you don't trade with a stop (and I can understand why but horses for courses etc) you have to position size to survive a drawdown. Scaling in (rather than doubling down) is also risk management providing it is part of your trading plan BEFORE you place the trade.
When I trade I have a mlcoa (most likely course of action - where I would like or think the trade may go) but I also have a mdcoa (most dangerous course of action - worst case scenario trade going pear shaped). My position size, risk, plan etc is based on mdcoa.

Morning all,

Ftse sp zones 6775 and 6760, rez 6790, 6810. If we go over 6800 becomes sp.

Not many bears in evidence, bulls on the sidelines, could go up...imho

Absolutely. Risk management=position sizing. If you don't trade with a stop (and I can understand why but horses for courses etc) you have to position size to survive a drawdown. Scaling in (rather than doubling down) is also risk management providing it is part of your trading plan BEFORE you place the trade.
When I trade I have a mlcoa (most likely course of action - where I would like or think the trade may go) but I also have a mdcoa (most dangerous course of action - worst case scenario trade going pear shaped). My position size, risk, plan etc is based on mdcoa.

This is what makes the game interesting Swissy, we ALL have a different agenda, different trade windows, different targets, different ways of seeing the market.

I personally cannot see the point of sitting with massive draw-down as a small retail trader, It's just not my bag, I'm not interested in baby sitting a drowning trade for days on end, but that is down to my total disinterest in what the market is doing outside my time window.

Others will have no problem sitting with it, after all, the big money sit with large positions often for months on end.

ps I like the mdcoa acronym

This is what makes the game interesting Swissy, we ALL have a different agenda, different trade windows, different targets, different ways of seeing the market.

I personally cannot see the point of sitting with massive draw-down as a small retail trader, It's just not my bag, I'm not interested in baby sitting a drowning trade for days on end, but that is down to my total disinterest in what the market is doing outside my time window.

Others will have no problem sitting with it, after all, the big money sit with large positions often for months on end.

ps I like the mdcoa acronym

Very true TJ. Happy to sit on a drawdown within limits for a swing trade not happy for short term trade.... that's an accident.
I trade both sometimes simultaneously.

I can also understand Darktones MO.... you can often get out of a bad trade in a better position but it has to be part of a plan, puking means you have gone off script.

Very true TJ. Happy to sit on a drawdown within limits for a swing trade not happy for short term trade.... that's an accident.
I trade both sometimes simultaneously.

I can also understand Darktones MO.... you can often get out of a bad trade in a better position but it has to be part of a plan, puking means you have gone off script.

You know the sock monster ?..... you put a pair of socks in the washing machine & only one ends up in the drawer, well it's the same principle with darktone, he is the stop monster,
he's always helping me out of my bad positions gawd luv im !

Totally correct mate, puking = gone off script, you need to hand your bag of stops with grace to DT, he doesn't take cheques anymore, bang out order if you ask me.

Since the election of Donald Trump there has been a strong and volatile rise in the most cyclical sectors (primarily banks, with the exception of the mining and oil sectors) and an abrupt decline in the more defensive and more sensitive sectors of state yields. Wall Street yesterday’s session witnessed a recovery in the latter sectors, and that pattern is likely to be imitated in Europe. Among the sectors that were previously penalized the oil company should be the most dynamic, as after yesterday’s valuations, crude oil continued to appreciate during the Asian session.

Days ?! They let it run for weeks and months waiting for it to come back . Each to their own , but thats not a feasible way to make a decent living constantly.

Agree with all of that, it has to be part of the plan and that is the crucial difference that a lot of folks imo have trouble getting past. For me my risk is my size x price. For each 1ppp ive bought in dax @ 10000 im at risk for the full 10k (1ppp x 10000). If the account is 10k and im 4ppp l in dax at 10000 im at risk the full 40k, If im trading 40k of dax with a 10k account, my position is 4x the size of the account. I see like this whether stops are used or not, otherwise were kinda kidding ourselves, hoping to miss the fat finger / the gbp move / the 'whatever' gap.
I dont like the use of right/wrong good/bad but I like to work from the worst case scenario, that would be for me every limit filled with no positive slippage. I also like to consider my limits filled when placed with a view to risk, ie if ive a 100 x 0.10ppp limits placed I 'could' be filled on all of that in the next tick, would be a mighty tick :cheesy:, but could happen. 100 x 0.10 = 10ppp. 50k acc l dax 10ppp @ 10000 is a position size of 100k at 2x acc etc.
Risk management, for me at least is where and how I put risk on and take it off.