Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Long dow 406, no other reason than it always goes UP before the open.
40 point limit.

FTSE - could be in for a bit of a bear squeeze this morning up 6780 possibly 6800. Care with shorts. lets see.

We're overdue one.

Possibly - areas of interest 6760, 6750 and 6720 ish. See how price is reacting around those points (if they get to them).

I'm in L @6765 but expect price to go all over the place on the open, so have placed a few deeper limit orders in.

Question for those more knowledgeable than myself ( which should be pretty much everyone on here )

Obviously the NFP is released today - from previous releases it seems the DOW has reacted with a move of at least 100 pts in the hours after announcement. It seems too easy an opportunity - am I missing something???

Question for those more knowledgeable than myself ( which should be pretty much everyone on here )

Obviously the NFP is released today - from previous releases it seems the DOW has reacted with a move of at least 100 pts in the hours after announcement. It seems too easy an opportunity - am I missing something???

Yes its really easy - if you know which way that 100 point move will be in advance.

Us mortals without the gift of foresight tend to keep away from unexpected moves.

Yes - Getting the direction right - the market will often trick you into thinking it will go one way and then doing the complete opposite. Often you'll be stopped out only to see the move go in your original trade.
It's very frustrating but part of trading.
A lot of traders stand aside for big releases like these because of the volatility (ie getting stopped out).

Regards,

Swissy

Possibly - areas of interest 6760, 6750 and 6720 ish. See how price is reacting around those points (if they get to them).

I'm in L @6765 but expect price to go all over the place on the open, so have placed a few deeper limit orders in.

Limit order was triggered @6760. Still in on original @6765. Lets see if this has any legs.

Yes its really easy - if you know which way that 100 point move will be in advance.

Us mortals without the gift of foresight tend to keep away from unexpected moves.

What I meant was the overall move took place over at least an hour - unlike Forex I have observed where when an announcement comes out the price changes almost instantly - it seems like with big announcements such as this its a much more gradual move - therefore giving you time to confirm the direction before entering?

What I meant was the overall move took place over at least an hour - unlike Forex I have observed where when an announcement comes out the price changes almost instantly - it seems like with big announcements such as this its a much more gradual move - therefore giving you time to confirm the direction before entering?

If you think you have found a way of extracting money from the market then give it a try. We all trade what we see, but be aware that it wont always work, just be aware one day it will change.