Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

IG are discounting the futures price by around 4-5 points, they think its going down.

I like your thinking. :LOL:

Draghi disappoints :eek:, its not big enough. :cry:

Meanwhile the Dowboys are doing their pre market ramp thing again.

Banks disappoint Draghi , they just took 82 B , which means he may have to do more , bunds up euro down :clap:

back to basics

Attachments

• FDAX 09-14 (150 Tick)  18_09_2014.jpg
    FDAX 09-14 (150 Tick) 18_09_2014.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 104
Banks disappoint Draghi , they just took 82 B , which means he may have to do more , bunds up euro down :clap:

I read a great article about it before the news.

http://www.marctomarket.com/2014/09/what-you-need-to-know-about-next-weeks.html

"The ECB launches the TLTRO facility, and the key issue is the extent of the participation. The latest ECB rate cut that pushed the repo rate to 5 bp lowered the cost of borrowing from the TLTRO to 15 bp. The aggregate amount that can be borrowed is a function of the banks' loan book. Such calculations project a maximum borrowing of the first phase of the TLTRO (September and December) of about 400 bln euros.

The naive assumption is that banks will borrow 200 bln at each of the two opportunities. We suspect that the takedown on September 18 will likely be considerably less. Unlike the LTROs, we suspect that there may be a stigma attached to the TLTRO borrowings. The larger and healthier banks may see a beneficial result to not being seen eating again from the public trough. In addition, prudence suggests that even if one wanted/needed to participate, December might be a better opportunity. There is a small chance, though above zero that if the takedown is small next week, the rules may be more favorably tweaked. "

Even they were caught out by the number though.

Trust Draghi to promise such a lot for so long and then give people something they dont want. :rolleyes:

Short Dax 9752

Im Short DAx here too Posty

But Daily chart attached has a decent bull flag so looks to me like we should be content with scalps only on the short side.

Back on the road to 10k? :whistling

Attachments

• DAxy.JPG
    DAxy.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 103
Im Short DAx here too Posty

But Daily chart attached has a decent bull flag so looks to me like we should be content with scalps only on the short side.

Back on the road to 10k? :whistling

I am now sitting here wondering how I'm short Dax again and not in profit?
I think some poltergeist overcomes my body and makes me do it. :devilish:

No Poltergeist

Its the power of habit

I read the book by Charles Duhigg :smart:

Ah HABIT.

mmmmm. I'm not sure.
Anyway I've closed my position for a loss, so now I can have an early lunch and a pint with some friends down the pub.
No time to read those nonsense self help books. ;)

Thanks Chalky I'll give it a look. :smart:

Ah HABIT.

mmmmm. I'm not sure.
Anyway I've closed my position for a loss, so now I can have an early lunch and a pint with some friends down the pub.
No time to read those nonsense self help books. ;)

Thanks Chalky I'll give it a look. :smart:

LOL Enjoy the Pint

Im still short, like a Hobbit

Although the week has had tons of volatility I haven't capitalised on it!

I've made 50% of my weekly target so far.

I think tomorrow could be a very unpredictable day regardless of which way the Scots vote so I might just call it a week.