Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Ive closed my short on the Dow and gone long. - There is this irrational need for the S&P to close the gap and this is dragging the Dow higher.
Will short from a better position tomorrow...

This is like taking candy from a baby - there's no downside. :sleep:

There is a need to touch 17000 and 6949 this week because next week down turn "MAY" start.

Job data and alcoa this week may give a rollercoaster ride, so fasten your belt.

Last edited:
There is a need to touch 17000 and 6949 this week because next week down turn "MAY" start.

Job data and alcoa this week may give a rollercoaster ride, so fasten your belt.

There is no way the Dow is touching 17000 this week.

morning everyone

dow 16,508 can act as a pivot level today

currently 515/517

Last edited:
Morning SD.
Looks like we've had our action for the AM session, we'll be waiting for Wall Street now.
S&P to reach for the gap close and then tank IMO.

Poor old Oscar....
In his own words "My appologies for such a crappy Omni call yesterday".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...t=UUez8uA1o_fDYsrSf4auWSjg&v=_MqsXUUUwm4#t=37
2 Videos this year - both completely wrong. :(

yep he is very honest about his bad calls

us markets seem to be filling yesterdays opening cash gap

cnbc hosts are so annoying they have an excellent guest Michael Browne , they keep interrupting him and think they know better than he does.

morning htw

Last edited:
Dom today

From The Trader

Daily market outlook
08 January 2014

EUROPEAN OVERVIEW

The case for seeking longs in the indices looks compelling to me right now.

1) It’s January, a seasonally strong time of the year for equities.

2) The main indices covered here all remain in robust technical uptrends.

3) UK retail trader opinion is leaning in a bearish direction – which is bullish.

4) The US and German markets are right around their all-time highs.

5) The markets are not overstretched on their daily or intraday charts.

6) Liquidity conditions remain benign for now.

7) The economic and micro-fundamental newsflow is still bullish.

8) The bull market in US stocks is approaching a bullish 6th year.

9) Breadth on the NYSE is confirming the positive price action.

10) Mid-caps are leading the charge higher in the UK.

In these conditions, I only really want to be playing the indices as a bull. The action yesterday triggered some of my buying criteria, while gold has backed up also in line with my call.
Today's Market Focus
Gold melts once more
Gold melts once more

As I have been predicting, gold reversed hard yesterday. I never thought its rally was the real deal and I still do not. The yellow metal is heading back to $1200 in the near-term, I reckon. I await a breach of the 55-fourhourly EMA to confirm my view.

DAY: I’d short a hard drop back through the 55-fourhourly EMA.

POSITION: None.

SUPPORT RESISTANCE
$1224.47 $1285.35
$1211.52 $1276.24
$1206.66 $1252.11
$1199.11 $1239.11

Ok Oscar's saying Up, Dom is saying Up, I'm saying short rally then sell off and close down.

Just my opinion, based on a weak close on Friday and a weak Monday followed by turnaround Tuesday, it my mind it all adds up to a down week.

I have been wrong before. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Guys.....(and gals if any)

Have a look at FTSE chart, its still bullish, unless that triangle is broken down side....it should rather go up to the upper boundry....

Attachments

• FTSE_8Jan.jpg
    FTSE_8Jan.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 96
Ok Oscar's saying Up, Dom is saying Up, I'm saying short rally then sell off and close down.

Just my opinion, based on a weak close on Friday and a weak Monday followed by turnaround Tuesday, it my mind it all adds up to a down week.

I have been wrong before. ;)

Want a job on Investors Chronicle? ;)