Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

dow sp500 about to close and record all time highs.

a moment to remember,

oh and oscar's green omni

I posted a link to Oscars green omni today. (y)
At least he is bullish which is a lot more than I can say for the majority of people around here.

where is samspade when u need him.

mid nov to end of may strongest 6 months

I'm here. I'm not short, and haven't been for months and months. This market is a monster. I actually went long at open today, finally giving in and joining in.

Should add I went long FTSE, the index that doesn't know what green is. So I barely gained anyway :|

Well, one thing people not realising that dow making all time high and FTSE going down. ideally FTSE should be @ 6800 level (if DOW making 15800). This is a very bad sign. Merket diverging which can bring DOW into grave.

If FTSE doesn't close above 6720 tomorrow then I will be very concerned and keep shorting...

Since last couple of weeks I keep watching only bearish pattern in intraday chart as well as in daily chart.

JT

Last edited:
Well, one thing people not realising that dow making all time high and FTSE going down. ideally FTSE should be @ 6800 level. This is a very bad sign. Merket diverging which can bring DOW into grave.

If FTSE doesn't close above 6720 then I will be very concerned and keep shorting...

Since last couple of weeks I keep watching only bearish pattern in intraday chart as well as in daily chart.

JT

Jessi, ftse is not important it is technical reasons it is going down.

the SP500 is the index to look at .

FTSE 6760 resistance and 6720/6715 support failed.

Jessi, ftse is not important it is technical reasons it is going down.

the SP500 is the index to look at .

FTSE 6760 resistance and 6720/6715 support failed.

I think you need to see history. FTSE is very much important.

Could you let me know why FTSE not important?

I think you need to see history. FTSE is very much important.

Could you let me know why FTSE not important?

it is the way the index is constructed.

I think the indices like eurostoxx are more important. and chinese index also. economic power is moving away from west to east.

think people in US short the ftse to hedge long positions when us cash market is closed,

it is the way the index is constructed.

I think the indices like eurostoxx are more important. and chinese index also. economic power is moving away from west to east.

think people in US short the ftse to hedge long positions when us cash market is closed,

But my question is same (not yet answered), I can understand what you are saying which is FTSE is not important and eurostoxx and Chinese indexes are important BUT why?

Do you know about intermarket relationship and market divergence?

JT

ok, I am now short DOW 15808 ( I put only £1 p/p) lets see if I am right. I can hold until 15900 with £100 loss np

FYI, I normally don't trade DOW, last I traded was about 5 years back.

JT

Last edited:
ok, I am now short DOW 15808 ( I put only £1 p/p) lets see if I am right. I can hold until 15900 with £100 loss np

JT

Its not a very nice chart but can give you an idea of how weak it is. I wanted to analyse cash chart to see whats actually happening.

JT

Attachments

• DOW_13NOV.jpg
    DOW_13NOV.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 90
  • DOW_2_13NOV.jpg
    DOW_2_13NOV.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 77

JT

I would be interested to understand your reason for shorting.
There are plenty of chart and TA reasons for going long, but what is the reason to go short? Is it a gut feeling that the market is too high?

There are plenty of chart and TA reasons for going long, but what is the reason to go short? Is it a gut feeling that the market is too high?

Brilliant you posted the answer to a question I hadnt even asked yet. :clap:

1. Europe market going down Vs Dow making new high.
2. Euro sell is getting intense.
3. Commodity market getting weaker.
4. Technicals in DOW chart giving bearish signal.

Have a look into the chart I have attached in my last post.

JT

JT

I have set stop loss just above 16000 and kept £200 aside for this testing. it will be fun :cool:

1. Europe market going down Vs Dow making new high.
2. Euro sell is getting intense.
3. Commodity market getting weaker.
4. Technicals in DOW chart giving bearish signal.

Have a look into the chart I have attached in my last post.

JT

If you are interested in closer look then see the attached chart.

JT

Attachments

• World_Market.jpg
    World_Market.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 82