Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

mornin' all

ftse opened a little weak vs dow - but not as weak as it had been as dow reached for the sky Friday after ftse hours. trading more or less flat atm.

Is US closed today?

Bit of a tussle going on here - my wife wants to hold hers, i wanted to sell mine. We resolved it - I've sold mine to her :LOL:

Brilliant - did she charge commission, and does she want to buy mine? :LOL:

It's going to be quiet today.

think this royal mail share sale is a bit of helicopter money before christmas,

rm staff get about £3k worth. these were trading for 2.80 on ig markets in the run up to float

My cat is sad because a friend with no personal boundaries has touched him in an inappropriate manner

Last edited:
Presumably RM will shoot straight into FTSE100 on the next review (December?). Tracker type funds will have to be sure they've got enough for it's relative weighting. Never been sure if that capitalisation is based on the shares issued (51% in RM's case isn't it) or the whole business?

Presumably RM will shoot straight into FTSE100 on the next review (December?). Tracker type funds will have to be sure they've got enough for it's relative weighting. Never been sure if that capitalisation is based on the shares issued (51% in RM's case isn't it) or the whole business?

whole business think their are a billion shares outstanding. cheap as chips

also ftse has a "free float" adjustment

chap on cnbc said that it goes into ftse100 in December

I understand it's based on net market cap which is shares outstanding (issued or tradeable) times share price. Treasury stock (shares which the corporation holds but does not trade) are not included. So it'll be weighted on the 51% value you mention.

Unless I've misunderstood, won't the trackers already have had dibs on the underwriters issues to ensure they are correctly positioned? I know the public spin is to favour the smaller transaction sizes (£750?) I assume the big boys eat from the trough first? If not, does that largely explain the free-for-all on the first day's trading?

Plus, does this mean those at the lower end of the current index will likely be removed and therefore trigger an associated release of hedge fund holdings? In which case, would a short play on Wood Group, Intu and Kazakmys be something that the larger players would be looking to take in late November?

I understand it's based on net market cap which is shares outstanding (issued or tradeable) times share price. Treasury stock (shares which the corporation holds but does not trade) are not included. So it'll be weighted on the 51% value you mention.

Unless I've misunderstood, won't the trackers already have had dibs on the underwriters issues to ensure they are correctly positioned? I know the public spin is to favour the smaller transaction sizes (£750?) I assume the big boys eat from the trough first? If not, does that largely explain the free-for-all on the first day's trading?

Plus, does this mean those at the lower end of the current index will likely be removed and therefore trigger an associated release of hedge fund holdings? In which case, would a short play on Wood Group, Intu and Kazakmys be something that the larger players would be looking to take in late November?

aye, trackers will have already been at the trough, but they could only guess at how much they'd need. Any of them that based their guess on the offer price will have to build it up assuming current levels hold.

Prior to reviews you generally you see price fall off relatively in constituents likely to come out and vice versa for those coming in.