Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Interesting that Bernanke has moved his press conference to just 30 mins after the FED mins so the markets do not take the wrong view of what he ment to say. Perhaps they talk about slowing QE then equities will get a whack and the USD is going to fly. Just a theory !

The FTSE should be at 6550 at these levels where the DOW currently is. As the GBP/USD is getting stronger, its holding it back.

The FTSE should be at 6550 at these levels where the DOW currently is. As the GBP/USD is getting stronger, its holding it back.

I like your theory, maybe the market makers are piling in now to set us up for a big sell off later!

Last edited:
Interesting that Bernanke has moved his press conference to just 30 mins after the FED mins so the markets do not take the wrong view of what he ment to say. Perhaps they talk about slowing QE then equities will get a whack and the USD is going to fly. Just a theory !

I like your theory, maybe the market makers are piling in now to set us up for a big sell off later!

just had my second power cut in two days, thats really worrying. Hopefully they'll fix the problem soon can't trade under those conditions.:(

just had my second power cut in two days, thats really worrying. Hopefully they'll fix the problem soon can't trade under those conditions.:(

Well lets hope so, ive just shorted the Dow , im short DAX and Eur/Usd !

yes that isnt great, but think of the upside it may stop you taking your profits too early :cheesy:

Well lets hope so, ive just shorted the Dow , im short DAX and Eur/Usd !

yes that isnt great, but think of the upside it may stop you taking your profits too early :cheesy:

Your strategy should pay dividends, markets already going your way.
Good Luck mate!

FTSE starting to follow the ASX under performance
Option expiry on the ASX today, will over shoot upside or downside.
Will take a position in the last hour of trade.
Sometimes can get the big move from the DOW 24 hours (Friday) after the FED meeting.
Japan back online today and to open at 4 and half year highs.

Shorted the SP500 £30 a point. Average price 1560.6. Looked toppy last week and again tonight, we are nearing its all time high now.:)

Attachments

• SP500 SHORT 30 POUNDS 20.03.13.png
    SP500 SHORT 30 POUNDS 20.03.13.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 149
Shorted the SP500 £30 a point. Average price 1560.6. Looked toppy last week and again tonight, we are nearing its all time high now.:)

I'm short on SP also 100/pt (10 per 0.1pt in cap) avg 1555 now. I was well underwater until cyprus then covered for profit. Reopened today. I'm not covering now unless we go silly like 1600 without a drop.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 137
I'm short on SP also 100/pt (10 per 0.1pt in cap) avg 1555 now. I was well underwater until cyprus then covered for profit. Reopened today. I'm not covering now unless we go silly like 1600 without a drop.

I'm glad your nearley above water now mate. I was underwater for a time, while averaging up on my SP500 trades.
Then Cyprus happened and all was fine.
Got close to £100 a point short, on the SP500 last week, then it went down on Friday and I felt better trimming such a large stake (for me) down.

Hope you have a profitable week mate.

Good Morning all

Looking at the 4-hourly FTSE chart 6420 has provided support on at least 4 occasions.

Gone long at 6427, minimum stake 30 point stop.

Ian

still well out of sync....maybe good for pairs traders

mornin'

yes, ftse about -50 weak vs dow overall yesterday. opened slightly strong (+6) but quickly turned weak again. I'm looking for long/short soon as I see some sign that weakness period is over.