Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

UK's public debt now roughly equals Apple's market capitalisation

Now under a dictatorship AAPL would be nationalised, re-organized, privatized then sold off. Problem solved.

Profit-keeper kicked for a measly 5 point scalp.

The FTSE is like the proverbial drawers today. DAX must be getting punch-drunk. It's been hit with so many rights it's begging for a left.

$ looks like its found some footing, it could hit 9450 by Wednesday at this rate.
I take heart from all the $negative news out there ATM such as "Years of falls for $" that kind of thing. That usually indicates a reversal.

Early lunch.
CriticalDrinker.jpg

to back up my comment, Your post:like ratio is very impressive :cool:
That's because I have an acerbic, twisted sense of humour.

Seriously though, us trader-types have a particular physical challenge that is often ignored.

What we do is stressful and it leads to a buildup of a compound called cortisol. This impedes our decision making. There is only 2 ways to cleanse our bodies of cortisol: exercise and sex. I keep telling Management that we should sexercise more often, to which she callously, silently responds with a list of chores. So I used to stop trading over lunch (always a good idea) and go to the gym. Also, whenever I had a losing trade I'd drop and do 10 pushups, but after a while all my shirts didn't fit, so I stopped doing that. I now wear t-shirts.

Sugar also interferes with the brain's ability to make speedy and correct decisions. I miss Mountain Dew. My dentist misses me.

There is also decision fatigue. After a thousand decisions over the course of a day the brain slows down its ability to make a decision and is less likely to make a correct decision. So trading higher timeframes is not a bad idea. Having a strategy or two that doesn't require regular decision making is also good. My particular challenge is that I insist on also trading the US market. My typical day starts at 8am and ends at 10pn CET.

Keeping your mood light and flexible helps you stay above the quagmire of every little detail, especially if you're having a drawdown. Witty exchanges can detract or distract, but it also keeps a sense of perspective. It's easy to become someone else when you're sitting on a huge loser and the market keeps going against you.

Institutional traders have their trading limits, but they also have a manager who looks after their mental welfare by way of sending them home after a few days to take a break if on a losing streak. I worked in the bowels of a Japanese bank where there was even a room with sleeping mats for traders to have a break during the day.

What we do is a lonely existence (which is why many of us are on this forum methinks) and it also has a physical requirement. There is a reason that the old trading floors were populated by younger guys. Burnout is easy.

If you're not taking care of yourself, who is?

That's because I have an acerbic, twisted sense of humour.
...and there was I thinking you woz a pussy-cat
....................whenever I had a losing trade I'd drop and do 10 pushups, but after a while all my shirts didn't fit, so I stopped doing that. I now wear t-shirts.
So, are we to conclude that you are steadily turning yourself into an impoverished Adonis? Or has the correlation broke down at last?
.............. Witty exchanges can detract or distract, but it also keeps a sense of perspective.
Little chance of any of that here.
If you're not taking care of yourself, who is?
The devil takes care of his own.

I'm guessing the US existing home sales numbers are not going to be "Better than expected".

I shorted DAX earlier this morning [12870s], only to be taken out 12900s
She is now 12740s and it looks like it could be a free-fall

May attempt shorts again with 12800s as SL

FTSE wants S2 down at 5960, dragging all asunder. DAX managed to dither at its S1 for a few minutes, but its master spoke.