Anyone recruiting????

ZATD

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum - some tres cool content here - was however wondering if anyone knew of any brokerages out there recruiting still? i'm pretty relaxed - looking into trading and broking. Cheers.

from what i've read that question doesn't go down too well on this forum... "trading and broking" are quite different roles so you'd probably need to decide exactly which way you wanted to go before you started looking at the different roles out there.
look on efinancialcareers for prop trading roles - there seems to be alot going up there at the moment (Mako, Towler, Tower...) or send some speculative cvs out (i think theres a list of prop trading firms somewhere on this site). Whether you'll get any kind of response depends completely on the strength of your cv - good A Levels, degree & more importantly some kind of trading record even if it is only on a simulator.
The same thing probably applies to hegde fund trading roles - you need excellent academics and normally some kind of experience so for the most part its pretty impossible to get in.
Again with "broking" you need to be a bit more specific in what you are going to be "broking" - you could try searching for commodities houses in google for example & sending them your CV. Most of the big IDBs like ICAP have proper recruitment stages & you've most likely missed out on them already. There are however hundreds of stockbroking jobs out there for ****ty houses selling AIM stocks - if you don;t mind cold calling 100+ clients a day to tell them about the service you are offering you might do well. You should consider though, that you'll be on a **** basic, you'll spend the first 6-12 months opening accounts for the senior brokers & therefore not ever making the good commission & thirdly that you'll be targeting middle aged family people trying to persuade them to invest some of their savings and retirement fund into high risk shares that your senior brokers probably have shares in themselves.

for the purpose of this forum it might be worth giving some kind of description of your background -A Levels? degree? experience ? & then you might get more direction as to where you could be applying to. The answer to these questions will indefinitely determine whether you are likely to ever get a FO role or if you should be aiming to work your way up from the back office...

yup you're right Jacksmack - cheers for the suggestions above, ok a levels from a pretty good school, busfin degree from a top tier uni and last role was as a jnr prop trader for an i-bank plus im fsa'd up - lack of financing means cant really move to an arcade, bulge brackets are in no hurry to recruit and always considered broking...problem is there are so many dodgy outfits out there would ideally like to hear if you guys know any decent houses?

i would have thought if you'd already worked for an IB as a prop trader you'd have no problem getting a role at a prop house & you'd be able to negotiate some kind of salary/profit share package with them...i'm quite new to the industry myself, but i know if i was in your position with a decent degree & IB experience I wouldn;t give up on the trading route quite yet as i'm sure once you start moving into broking roles it will be that much harder to go back into trading at a later date. I'd definitely send out some speculative cvs with some proof of your trading performance if possible & then suggest you come in to work on a trial basis & get the opportunity to discuss the package.