Anyone looking to coach me (for a fee)?

Options, is there anything to trade?... :)

The US market are getting ready, trading is alaready going on pre market FSLR has gapped up 500 points, AKAM 600 points and MA has just fallen 1,100 points in the last 45 mins.

HOLX is down 19% and traded a million pre market. AKAM has traded just a million pre market and IMCL has traded 3 million pre market.

This is where the true action happens every day.:) That's why I day trade US stocks.

I'm off trading now.

MA just ran 1,800 points on the bounce.

Even the spread bettors could have been on that. Just goes to show where the action still is. :) US day trading.

Attachments

• ma.gif
    ma.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Reflecting or predicting?

MA just ran 1,800 points on the bounce.

Even the spread bettors could have been on that. Just goes to show where the action still is. :) US day trading.

Out of all the US shares available you would need some form of manageable volatility watch list (and a set of criteria for the term "volatility") and a "trigger" entry method; otherwise the average novice would be paralysed by the sheer number of US shares out there. The result is often a "wish I spotted that one" form of wistful reflection.
:love:

You know I'm only teasing in my posts.

Remember level 2 traders dont have to pay spreads they can buy on the bid. Anyway if something is hot and has the potential to run many, many hundreds of points then what's a 20 point spread.

With good momentum day trading you go where the action is. I gave a list of potential momentum stocks before the open on this thread, someone could have got into their spread betting account seen the spread and dropped their position size to take into account any spread.

I was calling it live in a US online trading room and what I didnt mention was that before it bounced it fell about a thousand points, that was 1000 down 1,800 up total movement 2,800 spread ponits in one hour. I think I could afford 20 points to play it.

I think the ES is rolling over now so I'll take a break.

Good to be on the same thread with you today.

Out of all the US shares available you would need some form of manageable volatility watch list (and a set of criteria for the term "volatility") and a "trigger" entry method; otherwise the average novice would be paralysed by the sheer number of US shares out there. The result is often a "wish I spotted that one" form of wistful reflection.
:love:

Neil, part of the skill is finding the stocks. You soon learn to spot where the action is, or could be.

I had to not only find MA but comment on it to a live US audience during its whole move whilst I was trading it. That is the difficult bit

The interesting thing about US stock trading is this. In days gone by many stocks would trade over a $100 and sometime later would have a share split bringing them down to about $40-$50.

For the US momentum day trader it was awful, you got very good at trading something that moved and then after the share split all the day traders deserted it and went elsewhere. It just dried up.

Then along came Google and refused to have a share split, up and up it went and other companies followed suit and didnt split. Consequently there are many stocks trading over a $100, which day traders have on their list and watch out for. One of which is MA.

Interestingly, I believe spread betting companies carried on making a dollar movement 100 points. So the upshot has been that your $200 stock can move 10% and it's 2,000 points. your $20 stock moves 10% and it's only 200 points.

Sneaky momentum traders being what they are, go and focus on stocks over a $100 because they know that is where the potential for strong dollar movement is. They get their stop to their entry point and play with the markets money. If it doesnt run they exit the trade. When they do run they know the momentum moves are likely to be very strong more than making up for any of the losses. That's the idea anyway.

The ES and YM just give potential direction. I packed up looking for longs becuse the ES rolled over as I mentioned in an earleir post. For spread bettors who read that it was worth a 100 points. I'm now watching for the market for the afternoon move, when or if it picks a good run I'll use a scanner that will give me the momentum stocks that can benefit.

I attach the rollover on the US markets that was worth 100 points.

Thank you for putting up with me today and letting me explain what I do for my trading. If you click on the word NAZ at the top of this post above my activar and click visit Naz's homepage you can read more about what I do and see my daily analysis on the ES. Now I have to get back to trading.

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited: