Anyone loading in GBP / USD ?

Mr. Crabs

Established member
Looks like it should be good for a bounce after we accumulate.

That's where my focus is going to be this week unless the GBP looks weak through today.

GBP / JPY is being oppressed on higher volume than when I originally posted yet still holding up well, this is a good sign IMO we'll see how it plays off this next hour but it looks like loading to me.

This week could be a good one for the GBP.

And we're shaken, still looks like loading, drop would have been quicker if we weren't IMO.

Wow so my 2 picks JPY and USD didn't perform yet the the GBP did great vs. the AUD and NZD.

I'm gonna figure this out eventually.

I thought the GBP was looking strong, USD has been pairing tight with the GBP. You keeping it conservative or you got some deeper perspective?

Been short all year and have been doing very well. Tend to trade on Political and BOE sentiment and it's worked well for me ... Long term I,m pretty convinced Pound has much futher to fall

Been short all year and have been doing very well. Tend to trade on Political and BOE sentiment and it's worked well for me ... Long term I,m pretty convinced Pound has much futher to fall

Wow I was thinking a reversal was beginning to materialize, looks like accumulation but hey I'll take your word for it I always call these reversals far too early anyway.

Long GBP/USD at the moment, but I think that if the market does respect the structure it seems that it is forming a bottom. MACD is pretty good for figuring out the top and the bottom, normally when it's close to the bottom the market will dig a couple of holes to let people jump in and when it's near the top they will poke a hole in the ceiling whilst rain is on its way. I think it could be forming a double bottom but it depends on a couple of key bars pull back speed and lenght, otherwise it's just bluffing.

Im short on GBP/USD.

Long term trend looks down.

Also it looks like the BoE will do more QE, if not now then some point in the future. The USA is doing better than expected, so they may stop their QE. Even when the Americans do QE it's still much less than what the BoE is doing.

I heard QE isn't stopping any time soon.

I think people misunderstood the thread, I was only talking of a 1 or 2 day trend.

I agree long-term GBP looks down but that trend is likely due to reverse eventually.

Mr. Crabs,
early March you were expecting a bounce. Did you long GBP this week or last week?
Looking for a reversal or just a cat bounce?

GBP/USD DAILY as of Friday, 15 March, 2013
The present wave patterns are:
fast amplitude (8%): bullish wave 2
moderate amplitude (13%): is undefined!
British Pound / US Dollar is long term Bearish as the 144 days moving average of 1.57 is decreasing. The Relative Strength Index is at 41.23 in the neutral territory. The Relative Momentum Index is at 8.15 in the oversold territory. An important indicator for Elliott waves, the Elliott oscillator is at -0.03, in negative territory; this is a bearish sign. An equally important indicator, the STORSI is at 70.37. This value is in the overbought territory.
A SAR Buy signal generated on Friday. If short, this might be a good place to exit.

I am trying to understand your read on GBPUSD :
Bullish wave 2
Long term bearish moving average
Relative Strength Index Index is neutral
Relative Momentum Index is oversold
Elliott Oscillator is bearish
STORSI is overbought
SAR has a buy signal

So, exacty what are you trying to say?

Mr. Crabs,
early March you were expecting a bounce. Did you long GBP this week or last week?
Looking for a reversal or just a cat bounce?

I was expecting a bounce last week, as we saw there was an enormous bounce last week, but as usual I came in far too early to be able to take any pride in my call. It shot about 100 pips up against the AUD.