Anyone here trading WITHOUT candlesticks?

bankroll

I hear it from more and more people it's the secret to profits.

(And use Bollinger, Fibonacci and daily time frames)

Do you know someone trading like this with outstanding results?

Candles are just a way of displaying data. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on patterns or individual ones if I were you.

I hear it from more and more people it's the secret to profits.

(And use Bollinger, Fibonacci and daily time frames)

Do you know someone trading like this with outstanding results?

(ssshhhh secret)

you are using to few indicators my friend as the more the better ...

alongside candlesticks and bollinger and fibs add the following

MACD
RSI
Moving averages (5 , 20,50, 200) all SMA
CCI (use woodies settings)
and the SAR

then you will have the secret to big profits ...;)
N

i may have Candlesticks, or bars or P&F, whatever, as visualisation to show me where price is.

but I trade from pre-determined price levels that either get triggered or don't get triggered,
- i certainly no longer buy into the BS about trying to interpret candlestick patters, formations etc

price is price, however it's displayed

or not displayed: usually i just set up my trading DOM resting orders and let price does it's thing ....

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but at least it my inspire you to explore other methods away from candlestick trading

Ok, thanks. I thought that a camarilla was a group that made the decisions as to where the PPs were. To be frank, I, still, feel that that is the case. There may be a few individualistic approaches about, but not many. I had never heard about it being a mathematical formula before. but it sounds very intellectual. In this day and age, where charts are available from all sources, does it not seem easier to form an opinion on probable trends and reversals by looking at one?

That is a very profound statement and impressive to some, but it is not informative if it does not refer to another price, surely? It is a chart that refers that price to a whole series of other prices which assists a trader in making up his mind.

I can bring home some oranges but, unless I shop reguarly, my wife will tell me whether I bought well, or not.

I can understand that a chart cannot tell a trader whether oil is cheap or not, but IMHO neither can anything else, but a chart gives a perspective that I cannot get from doing something with numbers

it does not refer to another price,

but if it refers to previously pre-established areas of Support & Resistance ?
Then Price is either in No-Man's Land, or just about to bump into an area of S&R

which usually (not always of course) provides a platform for price to move, sometimes significantly

but, the unanswerable question is,
at S&R will price bounce, revert to mean, or will it blow through ?
That's where risk/trade management comes in.