Anyone Here Doing Fully Automated Trading?

I've just started to try auto and use min stakes so the thread is interesting... City index has a "advantage trader" platform which has automation and reveals some code. I'm not yet sure if this is mt4 or not. So far I've a tiny drawdown. Automatic stops once in profit may help.

Does mt4 allow inclusion of trailing stops etc or is it always trade through signal?

Could be noddy question as just started... I'm reluctant to buy a system as above but think automatic will remove my random factors.... Its the discipline

City index has no back test and is harsh on spread and entry price post signal bar. Back testing mt4 - is that standard with install ?

You carry the position... It froze n crashed at us open yesterday. Mid close of a position. I had to restart the platform (which had closed the position)

I also have a demo IG acct so intend to explore mt4 properly there.

From what I've learned so far... Choose a trade window which works for your system, ie don't try to trade 24 hr. Low movement gives false signals. Babysitting positions will help close earlier, but defeat s the objective, however it highlights that extra Indicators would help, ie needcto customize basic systems, adding multiple time frames would also be an advantage.

Kallot, do you use prorealtime successfully?

yes, i use prorealtime

another useful thing is "time HHMMSS"
if you want to keep the trades open longer and use other conditions out of hours

like this?

c1 = cond1
c2 = cond2

// Conditions to enter long position

IF NOT LongOnMarket AND c1 AND Time > 090000 AND Time < 173000 THEN
BUY 1 CONTRACT AT MARKET

ELSIF NOT LongOnMarket AND c2 THEN
BUY 1 CONTRACT AT MARKET
ENDIF

but try first on demo as always to find out the right parameters depending on timezone, timeframe, etc

Kalott, thanks v much for your info. I've just finished reading the programming guide and suspect I've discovered "the darkside"...

Have you encountered any significant issues translating from backtest to live system?

I imagine a good code well tested should be a a success, provided I don't have to deal in the position sizes given in the guide...