Anyone guessing when the markets will heat up again?

shan777

Have been studying/trading the ES and YM since december 08' and obviously saw extreme volatility back then, a complete contrast to whats happening today in the market.

Has anyone got any thoughts on when/why and how the indicies will start to move a bit more?
My simple system I trade hasn't been performing as well, and I'm sure its the same with alot of people's systems in here, due to the low volatility.
Just thought it'd be interesting to hear some people's thoughts on the matter, Shan

Eh? When will a once in a lifetime event occur again? Havn't got a clue. Quite happy with the levels of volatility atm thanks...

no, my system doesn't need to have wild volatility to do well, its performing OK lately.

I'm not saying I am wanting it back to a once in a lifetime market move, am just ..... well just thinking is it a possibility that it might heat up more as people start to come back into the market?
I mean, i could imagine alot of investors got stung in the past 6 months or so, and was thinking that more people will come back into the 'game' as the economy patches up its problems.... just a thought.... please don't snap down my throat and try and prove me wrong, as I am not stating anything, just want some views on what the market might or might not do

i would think that unless money market/credit spreads blow again more people in the market would have the opposite effect on volatility to be honest. that said VIX has come back quite a way.