Anyone got interviews/tests from All Options?

Dave0928

I've applied for a trainee trader position in All Options 2 weeks ago but still didnt get any reply from them since they said any resumes will be processed by HR within 48 hrs and I should be informed to do the math test at one of their centres or would be told that my application is unsuccessful.

But up till now I don't get any reply from them. Anyone got the interviews from them?
And how their recruit process's like?

Thanks for information provided.

Any one who are currently working in, or worked in All Options in the past can give me some informations about this company? Will they hire Bachelor degree holder? Seems a master degree is necessary?

Hi dave, yes, they do recruit people with a bachelors degree, as long as you pass their tests and interviews. It took a while before I got a reply as well, so don't worry after 2 days.

Sandra, when did you apply All Options and how long have you waited for their reply?
Did they reply by phone? or email? May I PM you for further information?

Usually for oversea applicants, will they being contacted by phone or email to have further test/interviews?

Hello there,
I applied for the same position some months ago, took their numerical tests successfully, had a phone interview with HR, and now waiting for them to invite me to Amsterdam for the last step. But it's taking some time now. When I sent them my CV, they did reply two days later sending me a link for the test. After that, they told me i'd receive a feedback a week later but i only received it nearly a month later. Then I had a phone interview with HR as scheduled and they were supposed to send me a feedback three days later. But now it's been roughly one month since i had the phone interview and still no feedback. There's maybe something going wrong with them...

when they asked you to go for a test, did they contact you by email or by phone?
I received few missed calls few days ago and doubt if it's the HR calling me for numerical test....
I've sent my CV 3 weeks ago and received no reply. As mentioned in their website they will still tell me even if I am not eligible but I get no reply from them up till now. Messon, how many numerical tests have you taken? is the test the one they placed on their website?

I did received 2 anonymous phone calls last week and 3 anonymous phone calls few days ago and I didn't take them because I was doing my final exams in my university, that's why I really wanna know if they will contact the candidate by phone call to ask for further test/information.

They contacted me by email to tell me their recruitment procedure and sent me the link and feedback by email too. The only phone call I got from them was for the interview with HR as i'm from France. the test was not the same as the one on their website. Itook two tests altogether: one about calculation and another about numerical sequences.

Messon can you tell me more about your background? Are you a master graduate and your major?
Did they prefer hiring students from highly quantitative background like math/ engineering?
When did you submit your CV, in March?
You may send me a PM if you don't wanna make it public

Im a finance student and i'll hold a master's degree soon. But I think it doesn't matter if u don't have a master's degree or don't have finance background. You just need to have the skills they are searching for: strong numerical skills and an urge to work in finance. One of their traders didn't have any finance background but was interested in financial markets. So don't give up!

when did you submit your CV? seems they start to hire at early March right?
I've submitted my CV at late April, maybe it's too late so I didn't even have a chance for numerical test

When I send an inquiry to their email few days ago I also didn't get any reply, seems their HR's response is so slow

Hi guys,
Just failed the Optiver 8min test this week, and I am looking for other similar prop/market making firms in Amsterdam. From what I’ve searched on Internet, looks like there are three main companies which basically match with Optiver’s activity and culture,benefits etc. : All Options, IMC and Tibra. (anyway, I am a bit sad because I think that Optiver is definitely the best compared to this ones, and I think i missed what could have been a lifetime opportunity just for 3 wrong answers :( )
Now, after a quick look on their web-sites, I reckon that, for a fresh master graduate like me, All Options would be the place to go. I am saying this because at Tibra and IMC I didn’t found any vacancy for the trader position (with no experience) in Amsterdam, and I have the feeling that at these last 2 firms is tougher to get in .
My queries come in relation to :
1. Can anyone make a brief resume on All Options application process : how many test their will be and what kind of test shall I expect.
2. I noticed that , unlike Optiver, at All Options there is the Trainee Trader position at first. The questions here is : do you get a base salary in this period? And is somehow near to what Optiver pays to new traders?
3. Can anyone make a rank of which of those 4 companies are the best ( in terms of how tough it is to get in, growth opportunities , benefits etc.) for young graduates?
Thanks a lot .

Heh, I'd probably count your near miss as a blessing if I were you :)

http://www.amsterdamtrader.com/2010/07/optivers-profits-in-free-fall.html#comments

To answer some of your questions,

2. The name they give the position is pretty irrelevant; Optiver hires people without experience, therefore they're trainee's by definition.

3. It all depends how you measure it. I'd say an easy place to get into is probably the worst one, because they're more likely to fire people quickly. In terms of company performance, well, the post above should partly answer that.

Also note, there are many more companies along the All Options, Optiver, IMC, Tibra lines than those 4. Do some more research.

Last edited: