Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

hey.. any one can tell me what kind of financial questions did they ask during the interview?

i am an engineering graduate and was invited to the maths test and the interview if i pass the test. and i have no financial backgrounds...... :(

hi is there any1 who can enlighten me abt the whole recruitment process of eclipse?
1st theres a math test and an interview which i read fr the email..
what is next?

it says on its website that after you pass the exam you will meet initially with a senior trader and the hr manager, and if you pass that you will meet with the head of trading and managing director.

from what ive heard market makers don't usually ask many financial questions of hard science grads. maybe 2 or 3 max.

btw does anyone know how long eclipse takes to review applications? i applied a few weeks ago and havent heard anything back...thinking i may have been rejected...

I recently applied in Australia and did a math test then interview in Australia and then a skype interview with some guys in Hong Kong. After that skype interview they emailed me 3 weeks later and invited me to go meet them in Hong Kong. This is one of the first jobs I have ever applied for (I am a poker player) so I dont know how long the standard wait is but I waited 3 weeks and it wasnt a problem so I wouldnt give up hope kylie :)

Hey did you apply in January or in March? I applied in March for the position in Australia when I saw them popping up at careers fairs (but they didn't have any ad up for graduate traders at the time). Its been over 5 weeks now and still havent heard anything at all from them...

btw did you end up getting the job? and how come you had to go to hong kong for the interview? couldn't you have interviewed with a senior trader in their Sydney office?

Did the guys at the careers fair say anything about recruiting for their sydney office (either at the moment or in the future)? I sent in an application only for the sydney based role.. It would be nice if they bothered to send rejection letters so that applicants aren't left hanging. Also, did the guys at the careers fair say they were looking for more than just hard science grads?

Anyway good luck with the offer. I'm sure quick thinking poker skills will come in handy when u are a market maker.

Hey Guys,

Can someon shed some light on Eclipse Trainee Trader Recruitment Session. They has invited me for a 2 hour test session (series of tests - numerical and non-numerical) followed by HR interview if I pass the tests. Does anyone have any experience of the session?

Thanks a lot in advance. I don't have much time (test in 4 days), so a quick help would be highly appreciated. :clap:

Yo,

I had it yesterday.

5 tests; they said the first one is compulsory you pass but they let you sit all the tests anyway, one by one. So i guess if you are in a grey area on the maths test and do well on the others you're fine.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Thank you mathsLAD for your reply. Did you qualify for the next round? If I am correct they will take the shortlisted candidates to HK early next month.

Btw, how many guys were there at the test centre? Any idea about the next round conversion rate?

Thank you mathsLAD for your reply. Did you qualify for the next round? If I am correct they will take the shortlisted candidates to HK early next month.

Btw, how many guys were there at the test centre? Any idea about the next round conversion rate?

They had testing sessions for 3 days in London, 22nd-24th (today). My session had 7, including myself, so assuming the same for the other days, 21 in total. I think they are looking to recruit 4-5 trainee traders.

However only 4, made it past the tests and had the interview with HR; so lets say across all three days 12 candidates would have been interviewed.

Optimistically speaking; 5/12 is around a 41% conversion rate.

I find out if I'm successful at the end of the week - which means the next step will be a phone/skype interview with a senior trader. Where is your testing session being held?

Last edited:
OK. Thanks for the info. The numbers don't look so bad.

My testing session is on Friday in Paris. So they might call everyone once the Paris round is over.

All the best to you.

Has anyone in London heard back if they have been invited to the next stage? I gave the test & interview this week. I thought we were going to hear back today (Friday), but I haven't received any response yet...

Has anyone in London heard back if they have been invited to the next stage? I gave the test & interview this week. I thought we were going to hear back today (Friday), but I haven't received any response yet...

I was told the same thing but no response either. When was your testing session?

Mine was on Monday. I'm pretty sure they said "you'll hear back by Friday" when I asked them right after I finished the interview.

I was just told you'll hear back by Friday. I am aware after talking to PropSeeker that they had a testing session in Paris today, so I am sure we'll hear early next week.

How many made it through to interviews in your session?

I was just told you'll hear back by Friday. I am aware after talking to PropSeeker that they had a testing session in Paris today, so I am sure we'll hear early next week.

How many made it through to interviews in your session?

Cool, hopefully it's the case that they are waiting for the Paris testing to be complete before getting back to us.

Four of us made it through to the interview as well.

Cool, hopefully it's the case that they are waiting for the Paris testing to be complete before getting back to us.

Four of us made it through to the interview as well.

Well congratulations.

Yeah I hope so. A conversion rate of 4/16 then; so we each have 25% chance at this stage - not bad!

I'll update this forum when I hear anything.

Good luck.