Anyone else having problems with IG charts?

maiden22

Established member
I posted this in the techie bit, but despite some kind suggestions from one or two members, I haven't been able to fix the problem, so I thought I'd try asking in this section as well so hopefully a few more peple might see it.

Basically, I can't access IG advanced charts. The problem started a little while back using Explorer, so I switched to Firefox and it was fine.

Yesterday I got the message to update Java (so I did) and now they won't work in anything. When I try to open advanced charts, I get a message saying "Cannot create Java Virtual Machine".

I've tried all the obvious, including uninstall / reinstall etc, but can't get any joy. It's something to do with this PC, because the one at home works fine. I have the same problem trying to open advanced charts on the Prorealtime site as well.

Has anyone else had this problem? Eternal gratitude if anyone can help!

I posted this in the techie bit, but despite some kind suggestions from one or two members, I haven't been able to fix the problem, so I thought I'd try asking in this section as well so hopefully a few more peple might see it.

Basically, I can't access IG advanced charts. The problem started a little while back using Explorer, so I switched to Firefox and it was fine.

Yesterday I got the message to update Java (so I did) and now they won't work in anything. When I try to open advanced charts, I get a message saying "Cannot create Java Virtual Machine".

I've tried all the obvious, including uninstall / reinstall etc, but can't get any joy. It's something to do with this PC, because the one at home works fine. I have the same problem trying to open advanced charts on the Prorealtime site as well.

Has anyone else had this problem? Eternal gratitude if anyone can help!

phone them, when you go through on the freephone number it gives you an option for charts, double helpful guys and gals will gladly help you...:)

phone them, when you go through on the freephone number it gives you an option for charts, double helpful guys and gals will gladly help you...:)

Thanks BS - I tried that, they did spend ages trying to sort it out, very keen to help as you say - but in the end said they'd have to get the chart provider to resolve it.

However, I've managed to fix it myself. Uninstall Java, then do a search and delete all the Java crap that gets left behind. Then install the version before the current one. (y)