IG index chart trouble

Jason101

Experienced member
Hi,

Anyone else having problems opening advanced charts due to the Java update?

Hi - first post so be gentle :)

Yes, I'm also having problems with these charts. They appear to work ok for a while, butafter a few minutes various buttons become inoperative (the main one being the close box on the 'controller' window. The only way I can remove the charts from the screen when this happens is to kill the Javaw process under windows. I'm on Java 7, if that helps. And I'm a programmer by trade, so ought to know better, but I don't with this one

Medge

Yes, I'm also having problems with these charts. They appear to work ok for a while, butafter a few minutes various buttons become inoperative (the main one being the close box on the 'controller' window. The only way I can remove the charts from the screen when this happens is to kill the Javaw process under windows. I'm on Java 7, if that helps. And I'm a programmer by trade, so ought to know better, but I don't with this one

Medge

Hi Medge,

Version 7 was released on July 28th 2011 but here has been many more updates since which will have identification numbers like 1.6.0_33 (sum microsystems Inc). Try this link and see if it helps:

Java Tester - What Version of Java Are You Running?

Lee

Hi Medge,

Version 7 was released on July 28th 2011 but here has been many more updates since which will have identification numbers like 1.6.0_33 (sum microsystems Inc). Try this link and see if it helps:

Java Tester - What Version of Java Are You Running?

Lee
Hi Lee,

Many thanks for the reply, and for that useful link. FYI I'm on 1.7.0_05 from Oracle. Until last week I was using a JDK from 1.6_31 or so, as I work on Java as part of the day job. However, this was 'upgraded' following the instructions on IGIndex's site to try and eliminate a problem I had with BT Broadband rejecting the Advanced Chart URLs (they intercept malformed URLs, which apparently includes those sent by the advanced chart package).

I might be tempted to retry 1.6 if I can still get it.

Incidentally, have been playing with the custom indicator programming - bit of a dog's dinner in terms of coding, but looks very capable. Now, if only I didn't have to keep restarting the session...

Ta,
Mark

Last edited:

Medge

Hi Medge

This is my problem too. Very annoying, especially the chart box not closing.
I spoke to IG a couple of years ago after another problem after an update. They said to uninstall the update and wait a few weeks until their software is updated too, and then try again. They adviced me not to update Java straight away after new update releases, in order to allow IT finance to react to the updates .:rolleyes:.

Also as from week, four trades (instead of two) are needed to be taken in order to receive the charts for free.

Last edited:
They appear to work ok for a while, butafter a few minutes various buttons become inoperative (the main one being the close box on the 'controller' window.

im having probs too. not able to open the new charting package, but can the old? cleared cookies, updated everything etc, still no joy

Hi Medge

This is my problem too. Very annoying, especially the chart box not closing.
I spoke to IG a couple of years ago after another problem after an update. They said to uninstall the update and wait a few weeks until their software is updated too, and then try again. They adviced me not to update Java straight away after new update releases, in order to allow IT finance to react to the updates .:rolleyes:.

Also as from week, four trades (instead of two) are needed to be taken in order to receive the charts for free.
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply - not just me then. I'll try backing off the Java version to 1.6 and see if that improves matters (if I can get a copy that is). Thanks also for the info on the trading minimum which is good to know.
I'm keen on doing more with the programmig side... still need to investigate this forum to see what support is out there. Looks like getting the data feed is the most expensive part.
Ta,
Mark

I hope they dont shut down the old version before the new one is working

i use now xp with java 1.6 and the old version :rolleyes:

I'm suddenly getting a lot of messages telling me the plug-in has crashed and then i have to reload. And the charts that i do have are slow to work around. I don't use IG but maybe its common to other charts too. I thought it was my pc but thanks for giving me the opportunity to blame someone lse. lol

I was having the same problems. After a month of emails to IG it was finally sorted. This was the final email. I am using Windows 7, not sure if that makes a difference but it is a java problem.

In regards to the Advanced Charts issue you have been experiencing, this appears to be attributed to an incompatibility with the latest version of Java that you have just reinstalled.

Please follow the steps below to install an older version of java.

1. Close all browser windows.
2. Click on the Start menu.
3. Select "Control Panel".
4. Select " Programs and Features". Please note: Depending on the view you have selected, you may need to click "Uninstall a program" instead.
5. Locate all versions of "Java (TM)..." and uninstall them.
6. Once all have been removed, navigate to Download Java 6 Update 33 - OldApps.com
7. Once it has finished downloading, run the installer and follow the prompts.
8. Close and reopen all browser windows
9. Log into the platform and attempt to open the Advanced Charts.

hello sir,can i ask you if you getting access to charting
1.whats the 20 day moving average for the next 20 days please ...thanks