Anybody know.........

roguetrader

What this is? I keep being prompted to download this while browsing the site today, needless to say I have not.

Attachments

• snapshot-5.png
    snapshot-5.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 278
andycan said:
i maybe wrong but looks like you have spyware
Yes mate that is a consideration, scanning at the moment. This computer doesn't run as much protection as the other one due to less ram

do you have a firewall??

i have had something that resembles what your pic shows i tend to use ewido security adware se and spyremover they all tend to find different things

andycan said:
do you have a firewall??

i have had something that resembles what your pic shows i tend to use ewido security adware se and spyremover they all tend to find different things
Yup, hardware and software firewalls, run ewido, and ad-aware se also, along with spysweeper ans xoftspy on this computer
Funny thing is I only get prompted to download this when on this site

I doubt there's anything suspect going on, I expect this site is just monitoring our posting and viewing habits and targeting advertising by this to increase click through and increase income.

don_h said:
I doubt there's anything suspect going on, I expect this site is just monitoring our posting and viewing habits and targeting advertising by this to increase click through and increase income.
Yes, since no-one else is experiencing this, and I am only seeing it on one of my computers it must be something peculiar to that machine, so far no scans have picked anything else up.

Not sure what that is - I'll ask Rossored to take a look. But I suspect it's caused by one of the ads servering on the site, although why it's prompting you to save a file I have no idea. Perhaps you have some ad blocking software that's doing its best to block it but in the process is having some weird side-effect. Hmm.

Sharky said:
Not sure what that is - I'll ask Rossored to take a look. But I suspect it's caused by one of the ads servering on the site, although why it's prompting you to save a file I have no idea. Perhaps you have some ad blocking software that's doing its best to block it but in the process is having some weird side-effect. Hmm.
That's also possible, Opera does have an ad-blocker running. If it's any help a google of ff.connextra.com which is named in the download box seems to relate to sporting bet and betway.com

Well...

I think this is probably related to an ad that is running on the site from yesterday for SpreadEx, which is served by a third-party client at http://www.tangozebra.com - again, fairly typical of some of the ads you see around the site. It's a basic Javascript/HTML banner (like about 80% of the type we serve daily) and having just looked at the code I can't see any reason why it should prompt to download something. Certainly we as a site do not download anything onto your PC to track your behaviour, although the site obviously uses cookies to permit navigation through the bulletin boards.

I'll check with the advertiser in question and report back to see if there's a known issue with Opera.