Anybody know of these Guys?

Garside85

I've been considering doing a training course this company, they offer a 3 day course and then the day after thy have you trading live with them. They say you will be making 3%-5% profit per day if not more from your first day trading, using their strategies.

The company is The Mastery Trading Academy, and s run/taught by a man called Mike Douglas, who s said to be a big player in the trading game, if what I'm reading from them accurate, of course. Also a guy called Matt Travis is one of the company directors, who I first heared about this course through, as he's been advertising it through his Twitter and Facebook.

They say they teach you "The Golden Triangle" of trading, whatever that is. I presume that's the particular strategy they use.

They are Forex Traders, and that's what they teach, I believe.

Anybody hear trained with these guys, know anyone who as, and can say wether training with these people is a good way to go?

Thanks, guys! :)

I've been considering doing a training course this company, they offer a 3 day course and then the day after thy have you trading live with them. They say you will be making 3%-5% profit per day if not more from your first day trading, using their strategies.

The company is The Mastery Trading Academy, and s run/taught by a man called Mike Douglas, who s said to be a big player in the trading game, if what I'm reading from them accurate, of course. Also a guy called Matt Travis is one of the company directors, who I first heared about this course through, as he's been advertising it through his Twitter and Facebook.

They say they teach you "The Golden Triangle" of trading, whatever that is. I presume that's the particular strategy they use.

Anybody hear trained with these guys, know anyone who as, and can say wether training with these people is a good way to go?

Sorry to puncture your dreams with the pin of reality but no way are you going to make money from courses. It's the course makers that make the money.
So-if you have the time (and you will need a lot -couple of years) to demo trade and experiment before going live - then start here. The information is free but you have to make the effort to read, sift, experiment and practice often, to get anywhere - (10000 Hours of practice is the figure quoted for most endeavors before a profitable skill is acquired). This area of endeavor is full of sharks; the pity is that there are many greedy and stupid for them to feed upon -don't be shark bait

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/new-trading/firs...eps-forum.html

Never heard of the firm you allude to but they will happily take your money if you are stupid enough to give it to them.
Think on this - If they are so good why do they have to sell courses? If they are so good why haven't their selections attracted thousands of followers and brought the market to a grinding halt? Why isn't the internet buzzing with tales of the riches amassed by their followers? Why isn't the media featuring the scores of people enriched by the signals from this midas like company? If you had the golden goose would you give it away?
Trying to give advice to people about the difficulties of trading can, at times, feel as though one is urinating into the wind.
However, you can learn the hard way. Go ahead and put your head in the sharks mouth.
Just a thought - are you affiliated to this firm ? I only ask since I find it hard to think anyone is dumb enough to fall prey to these firms?
Finally, stick to your factory job - the money is there week after week. And, maybe, get a hobby to relieve the tedium in your life. Success in anything requires hard work and time - dreaming is fine provided you don't sleepwalk into the netherworld of easy riches for no effort. Good luck.

Last edited:
they offer a 3 day course and then the day after thy have you trading live with them. They say you will be making 3%-5% profit per day if not more from your first day trading, using their strategies.

If this were true, market forces would prevail and we would all be rich traders.

If you have a job and other commitments I would suggest trading the dailies with as much money as you would like to spend on your recreation and nothing more. This does not take a great deal of time each day, once you know (i.e. you have decided) what set ups you are looking to trade.

Then if you get good (i.e. decisive, choosey and disciplined) things may develop from there.

As for strategies T2W and the web and most books can turn your head inside out.
I keep it real simple - if it is going up smoothly I buy, if it carries on going up I move my stop loss up with it. That is it.

Once the above is properly defined and therefore repeatedly recognisable . The place to spend the real time, in my opinion is strategizing money management and the management of open trades, which will also include an element of money management.

If the dailies part time, is the direction you want to go down I would recommend two books. -

- The Financial Spread Betting Handbook by Malcolm Pryor (£1.23 buy it now price, used on ebay)

-How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas (£4.50 new and delivered on Amazon)

You could also look at The Naked Trader book
And CANSLIM method (I don't use CANSLIM because I cant be bothered to look into company accounts).

Last edited:
Yeah best to stick to your own laurels. I have dealt with a number of these companies calling me up and their spiel is all the same. The basically just memorise a specific trading strategy from one of the major trading books and then sell it to you as a millionaires course for thousands of pounds.

I’ve never heard of this company personally but similar companies I have heard of in the past usually have underlying costs etc. They give you a taste of what they want to teach you then they ask for a lot of money for the ‘full’ course. Or in this instance they may take a cut of your profits (I’m sure they are not doing this for free).

I’d tread with caution when dealing with these companies who promise that you will make profits. If I was that easy surely they would just be doing it themselves!

As I say, I have never heard of them so can’t comment on whether they are good or not but I would do some more research / read the small print before signing up for anything.

Good luck

It's obviously bullsh!t.

But the chances are you want to belive it so much that you'll buy it anyway.

ask them to teach you for free and then you will pay them back from your accrued profits .............they wont phone you back I promise

N

heres a few other links

http://www.investopedia.com/university/charts/charts5.asp

Calling all the oldies out there ...anyone remember a guy who offered training out of the costa's in spain ..........i'm sure it was all about using price triangles ??..was it this guy :sneaky:
http://learningtotrade.com/

I'm pretty sure that in this case you do not get money, but faster lose their

The company is The Mastery Trading Academy, and s run/taught by a man called Mike Douglas, who s said to be a big player in the trading game,

If he is the big player in the big game why he organized academy? does he need additional profit???

ask them to teach you for free and then you will pay them back from your accrued profits .............they wont phone you back I promise

N

heres a few other links

http://www.investopedia.com/university/charts/charts5.asp

Calling all the oldies out there ...anyone remember a guy who offered training out of the costa's in spain ..........i'm sure it was all about using price triangles ??..was it this guy :sneaky:
http://learningtotrade.com/

Yes - this was Martin Cole - based in Spain - moved to NZ some years back - developed a very expensive piece of software that plotted coloured triangles.

Please see the thread: Mike Douglas and MTA Online SCAM:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...mike-douglas-mta-online-scam.html#post2380100

Also Mastery Trading Academy .. swindle:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...tery-trading-academy-swindle.html#post2350970

Basically these guys are using tricks, fake photos and outrages unrealistic claims to sell a course. Oh and they direct clients to one broker who they get commision from without disclosing the fact (see formentioned threads).

They (Mike Douglas, Matt Travis, Les Johnston and Janet McAnuf) formed Master Trading Academy. They then split up and Mike Douglas and Matt Travis have been operating as MTA Live. MTA Live was not a registered comapany until the fact was exposed on this site, then they quickly registered a few days ago.

Mike Douglas is supposed to be 'The worlds most sought after Financial Educator' and called the 'Forex Genius' by the banks. The only place I have seen or heard that is on MTA Live publicity. :sneaky:

If these guys were so good at trading (making 3-5% per day as they claim) why would they need to use lies, tricks and fake information to try and sell a course ?

In my experience, these courses are usually nothing you can’t get from a good trading book.

Please see the thread: Mike Douglas and MTA Online SCAM:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...mike-douglas-mta-online-scam.html#post2380100

Also Mastery Trading Academy .. swindle:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...tery-trading-academy-swindle.html#post2350970

Basically these guys are using tricks, fake photos and outrages unrealistic claims to sell a course. Oh and they direct clients to one broker who they get commision from without disclosing the fact (see formentioned threads).

They (Mike Douglas, Matt Travis, Les Johnston and Janet McAnuf) formed Master Trading Academy. They then split up and Mike Douglas and Matt Travis have been operating as MTA Live. MTA Live was not a registered comapany until the fact was exposed on this site, then they quickly registered a few days ago.

Mike Douglas is supposed to be 'The worlds most sought after Financial Educator' and called the 'Forex Genius' by the banks. The only place I have seen or heard that is on MTA Live publicity. :sneaky:

If these guys were so good at trading (making 3-5% per day as they claim) why would they need to use lies, tricks and fake information to try and sell a course ?[/QUOTE]

because they are not prepared to knuckle down and grind it out ............yet another group that brings shame and disgrace to the trading business......

As a former client of them I can say you that stay away from these guys. I cannot say whether they cheat you with screenshots and so on but they genuinely do not care about you. For them it is all about looking flashy and giving an appearance that they make a lot of money (which they might or might not). Especially one of the owners is posting a lot of comments on how much he makes and how great guy he is but he does not give value to his clients. Very nasty person.