Any trading platforms for Linux?

fborne

6 1
Hello all,

I would like to ask if there is any trading platforms for Linux. I use actually Windows8 with Nt7 and would like to go slowly on the Linux architecture( was thinking about Ubuntu or maybe open suse).

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
FBO

AngryErik

13 0
Well, assuming that you're already comfortable with Linux (I'd consider it a bad idea to use an OS you aren't familiar with, when you're playing around with money - imagine something "happens" while you're in the middle of a trade you need to watch), I'd suggest Interactive Brokers.

If you were looking for a platform which is not brokerage dependant I've got no ideas. But IB's TWS platform is Java-based, so it'll work on anything - even some toasters, if they've got the horsepower and a network card.

They also have a browser-based java client as well.. I've not used it but it has a very similar feel... that's actually how they demo the TWS client.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock