Any thoughts

wasp

Legendary member
Hi,

As a relative 'newbie' I was hoping someone could offer some thoughts....

Looks like it could be a double bottom with the low MACD and RSI

Thanks

Attachments

• bigcorus.gif
    bigcorus.gif
    44 KB · Views: 451
CS is clearly entered a bear market situation. I'd be the looking to trade with the recent trend. I wouldn't be suprised in seeing this stock reach the 30p level over the next few months. Remember to never marry one side of the market as the great Jesse Livermore used to say. Nice to see someone one the UK scene posting charts again.

Really?

Thought it looked like it did 12 months ago and the possible double bottom scenario and the matching MACD and RSI looked promising for a move up.

That's what you would call a representation bias. Just cause it may have done that previously 12months ago, doesn't mean it will happen again. The overall market changes all the time and alot fundamentally has changed since that pattern printed on the charts. Not only that but sentiment has changed too. Try not to look at market patterns in this way. Your eye can find as many patterns you want if you really wanna trade. Have you got a strategy in place? I use MACD and RSI but remember that price is first, the indicators are lagging.

Really just trying to find my Bearings at the moment. I've been reading through the non indicators threads and trying to understand the way things work without using indicators. I've been looking through varioous charts and how the indicators related but I think I might try and ditch them if they are this misleading.

What's is misleading is how you percieve them. Learn the basics of price movement. Dow Theory is essential for understanding what backdrop the market is in. It's the background scenery to the play. The most recommended thread from me is the legendary Des Woodruff. The 'Free Trading Videos' thread is worth it's wait in gold. Study and watch all the videos.

Barclays

How about this then? :?: :!: :confused:

Attachments

• bigBARC.gif
    bigBARC.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 360
Hbos

Thoughts on this one...

Attachments

• bigHBOS.gif
    bigHBOS.gif
    47.9 KB · Views: 332
Astrazeneca

one more...

Short in the morning with a soft target at 2,200

Leave trade open if it drops to level - exit if it reverses back up OR stay in if it breaks down, with a new target at 1,850...

Here goes nothing! (well, nearly nothing!) :LOL:

Attachments

• astrazeneca.gif
    astrazeneca.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Okay,

So they all decided to go up this morning to prove me wrong!

Faith!

BARC - + 2.5 539.5
HBOS - + 3 796.12
AZN - + 8 2,305

They will come down!

Attachments

• astrazeneca.gif
    astrazeneca.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 271
  • BARC.gif
    BARC.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 255
  • HBOS.gif
    HBOS.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
BARC + 5
HBOS + 7
AZN + 8.8

Not part of the big plan... Hmmm

wasp said:
Anyone...anyone at all?

Nobody out there trade UK shares or have any opinions on my obscure theories!?

Wasp

From a slightly different perspective on these three.

I've been long AZN since 2210 (green circle) and there'll be another long signal if 2329 goes. I'm short BARC and HBOS and you can see where I've had previous nibbles at these (exits in yellow circles).

The AZN and open trades in BARC and HBOS are only half position trades since they were entered against the prevailing FTSE trade.

good trading

jon

Attachments

• azn.gif
    azn.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 260
  • barc.gif
    barc.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 254
  • hbos.gif
    hbos.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 286
still watching...

thankfully didin't short at 39 before as thought and jumped in at 44 in mid July but now just not so sure...

still going up?

Attachments

• corus.GIF
    corus.GIF
    37.8 KB · Views: 239
If contract A is related to contract B and related to contract C.

If A is dependant on indicators X and Y.

If indicators X and Y show that A has reached bottom,

however A is related to B and C,

Even if X and Y show that A has reached bottom, but B and/or C could result in A going further down.