any software that exports many indicators all at once to any of the standard formats?

TheJudas

Hi there,

The solution of this problem may have been answered elsewhere in other threads but I could not find as far as I have searched, so I would appreciate also the link for the thread if any.

My problem is that I need to build a database for each stocks in our domestic market (~350) which should contain the numeric values for the very common indicator's such as rsi, trix, macd, etc. next to the stock's ticker. I know that Metastock is able to export such a list from its "Explorer" 's "Reports" option, which - unfortunately- is limited to 6 columns and can export only for either one date or one stock. Where as I need as many as 60 columns, for every stock and every date, which without an automated environment or shell script window seems to be impossible.

Does anybody know and can advice me such a platform, that I can export these calculated indicators for each stock and each date to any form of database so that I can use them for my own code and make my own calculations on them?

Thank you for your time.

No idea how to do it but could it be done in Excel ?

If you don't get a response here try the EliteTrader forum.

Thanx Trdr,

I have tried Excel but it is a tremendosuly repeatitive work - infact impossible.

And by the way I could not find where the Elite Trader forum is would appreciate if you can specify.

May be I need to detail my problem I little bit more.

I need to build a database of stocks with their relative indicators next to them for some analysis. I have a total number of indicators of ~50 and total number of stocks ~350.

If I use the explorer (of MetaStock), I can have and save a list of all the 350 stocks with at most 6 indicators next to them, but unfortunately for one single day . Where as I would like to have and need this data for some number of past days - say 500, not to mention the relatively simple problem of 6 indicators limit still remains unresolved.

So an example of my database would be something like;
Ticker, Date, Volume, High, Low, Close, Accum/Distrib, ArrDwn, ArrUp, CCI, ChMonFlow, etc as the column headers (fields) and the relative information for all 350 stocks and 500 days as the records.

Is there any method to extract this information from MetaStock (or get it from any other software)?

It would be great to have something like a command line interpretter - say you pass some shell command to MetaStock and it writes Ticker, Date, Volume, High, Low, Close, etc to disk, depending on the paramaters of this shell command. Then I could generate these shell commands .

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Cheers

TheJudas said:
Does anybody know and can advice me such a platform, that I can export these calculated indicators for each stock and each date to any form of database so that I can use them for my own code and make my own calculations on them?

Thank you for your time.

Hi,
There is a Metastock forum with programming experts willing to help with your sort of problem.
They are located on yahoo
Hope it helps
Pat

Pat494 said:
Hi,
There is a Metastock forum with programming experts willing to help with your sort of problem.
They are located on yahoo
Hope it helps
Pat
I am checking it out right away, thnx Pat.
Will post the result here if I get any good, for others who might interest.
Cheers