Any forex markets that are active, after hours?

Hello Everyone,
I have been trading the YM, but might be going back to working 1st shift. So I was wondering are there any forex markets, or even something other than forex that has some good action after US business hours?

Thank you for your time.

Craig

Hello Everyone,
I have been trading the YM, but might be going back to working 1st shift. So I was wondering are there any forex markets, or even something other than forex that has some good action after US business hours?

Thank you for your time.

Craig

The interbank FX market opens in Auckland on Monday morning (Sunday evening in the UK) and it closes in NYK on Friday evening (Friday night in the UK)

CFD and S/B firms take those interbank rates and widen the spread and publish that price on their platforms for you to deal on. If there is no interbank market to provide rates to cfd or s/b platfoms then what kind of price are you dealing on?

Any firm that derives an FX rate during the hours the market is closed is making their own rules up and you run the risk of getting suckered in.

It is similar to what betting shops are beginning to do when there is no live racing and they run electronic simulated races.. how can you trust that when its made up? maybe you can, but maybe you can't and just maybe you'll do your boots.

I would advice you to only trade FX when the interbank market is properly open. I wouldn't wait for the Auckland open to begin my weeks trading, i'd let the market open properly and wait until about 9.30/10pm in the UK. When there is no volume (Auckland has no volume) a couple of mildly aggressive traders can push the rate around a bit and I think you're just better off waiting for more participants to put bids and offers in to provide a bit better depth of liquidity.

poker sites are always open, so are roulette sites.. you'd stand as much chance of making money at 3pm on Saturday playing poker than you would on dealing on a 6 pip eur/usd price that hasn't got any relation to the closed interbank market.

I assume that you are based in the US?

If you are looking to trade FX after US business hours (on weekdays) then I would suggest the Yen crosses and the AUD crosses are the ones most likely to have volatility though it is still going to be muted relatively to either the London session or the New York session. You could trade these for some hours from 6-7pm New York time.

As Highbury FX pointed out, the spreads may be higher and the volume will be lighter. But the AUD crosses or the Yen crosses is what i would go for.

As for non-FX asset classes:
You could trade the Australian index or the Nikkei, which are active from 6-7pm New York time.
Also something to take a look would be Oil, Gold and Silver.

like most people said, the asian currencies are probably the most active afterhours and the asian indexes.

After US hrs what drives the price

Any firm that derives an FX rate during the hours the market is closed is making their own rules up and you run the risk of getting suckered in. [/QUOTE said:
One can see the logic in what you are saying about keeping away form trading a derivative when the true underlying's native market is closed

Is this true for those Index Futures which trade 23.5 hrs?
For example ES ( very popular) or YM
What I never understood is this with ES
ES is derived from the 500 top US stocks, which stop trading in the US at certain time
BUT the ES trades beyond that.. and specially in EU open time the volume would be reasonable in ES ( it may goes down in Asian time zone)
SO what determines the price? just speculation?
-Does it's AFTER US hrs price movement dependent on the underlying company news? even if it is the stock is not trading!