AML (Amlin)

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi all.

Madgooner has just asked for views on AML and I thought it would be best to have a new thread for each share we discuss. Should make finding things easier. :)

Here's my take on it.

aml20-01-03.GIF

To me this stock has just gone with little warning. I would like to know what started the ball rolling.
Personally I wouldn't touch it, but if I had to buy it I would buy at 123 (last resistance) with a stop at 121, keeping the stop tight.

All IMVHO

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
Elliott wave springs to mind too - three equal jumps up, with a little retracement inbetween (waves 1,2,3,4,5), so you might now expect an abc retracement (down, retracement up, then down).

Splurge

88 3
Simple trend line projection would suggest a possible bounce at the 122 mark especially as the first retracement was closing the gap and hitting the next support area of 110-112. Saying that I dont trade this stock so my experience of it is limited.

More TA reqd (fib lines etc ) reqd here

Bill G

92 2
reports of 2 US consortia looking to buy Amlin.
We've had the beakaway gap - a possible runaway gap
forthcoming?

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
reports of 2 US consortia looking to buy Amlin.
Oh dear...time to throw away the TA and look at the fundamentals. :(

Buying companies when they are take-over targets is risky. I would expect the shares to drift sideways from here - until more news or an offer is made on the company. If the bid is withdrawn the shares will fall back to earth with a bang, if the bid is for worth more than the shares, needless to say the shares go up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock