Alternative to Interactive Brokers

jaymyc

Is there any of note? IB Customer Services are terrible, although the platform is good.

On a serious note. I don't know of a better alternative. IB actually is the best allround broker. If you know a better one then let me know.

No sure if you are looking for allrounders or specific brokers like futures brokers or FX brokers or ....

Last edited:
. . .No sure if you are looking for allrounders or specific brokers like futures brokers or FX brokers or ....
Hi Jaymyc,
In spite of fxtr's rather odd post suggesting the same firm you're looking for alternatives to, this is a good question. If you're trading futures, there are quite a few alternatives to IB, Infinity Futures knock spots off all other brokers I've ever used (which includes IB). I can't comment about Forex as I don't trade it. For stocks, TradeStation might be worth looking at (although their customer service isn't that great either in my experience), and thinkorswim appear to be popular with options traders.

I may be wrong about this, but I believe IB are one of the few brokers who offer a universal account from which you can trade just about anything. If you're looking for that level of flexibility, I suspect they'll be tough to beat.
Tim.

I disagree, and this is why:

As the most dedicated amateur knows full well,
going
long interactive brokers
and going
short interactivebrokers
is getting the best of both worlds and is a binary option made in Newbieland.

I disagree, and this is why:

As the most dedicated amateur knows full well,
going
long interactive brokers
and going
short interactivebrokers
is getting the best of both worlds and is a binary option made in Newbieland.

I disagree and this is why:
For some its like being flat interactive brokers :LOL:

As any newbie would tell you, if you're flat you don't make money so you must ALWAYS be in a trade. Otherwise you are not a genuine newbie !

You seem to be German hiding behind British flag.
. . . and vice versa fxtr!
;)

UK_Flag.png

Like jaymc said, it's about services. They are so big that they don't care whether you leave, or stay.

I have never had an issue with IBs customer service.

They do expect you to understand what you are doing, what the markets are etc - hence all those questions about trading experience when you sign up.

I imagine that some of the issues people have with IBs customer service is asking them things they expect you to know already

I have never had an issue with IBs customer service.

They do expect you to understand what you are doing, what the markets are etc - hence all those questions about trading experience when you sign up.

I imagine that some of the issues people have with IBs customer service is asking them things they expect you to know already

You mean those little boxes that, when you give the wrong answer, come back empty so that you can tick them again, until you get it right? :)

Let's be realistic. IB want you, ignorant or learned, as long as you have money for the account.