Alternative investing

LBuzzard

I have been a trader now for the last 5 years mainly trading the Dow and various commodity markets through a spreadbetting account. I have now got to the stage where I am relatively successful and showing consistent profits.

However, my mind has recently been opened up during the past few months to the possibilities of trading on sporting events . I am amazed that by employing a disciplined trading plan and using some decent software (In my case Bet Angel) how many low risk opportunities present themselves on a day to day basis.

I was alerted to these markets when I attended the Investors show at Olympia last September when Peter Webb (The inventor of Bet Angel) gave a talk and mentioned the fact that he had just done an article for Investors Chronicle but they were not going to publish it as they still deemed it gambling. To my mind this is completely ridiculous and I would seriously advise anyone who day trades to explore these markets. Good points of reference are betangel.com where you can view videos on how to use the software to trade on the market, just to give you an idea of the possibilities. They also do a trading course of which I recently attended and thought was excellent. Tradeonsports.co.uk offer various products and downloads which I can also recommend and bettingtraders.com which has various forums and interesting articles.

Through talking to other traders at various technical analysis seminars I am very much in the minority when it comes to these markets. But once you do your research and see in reality how often the improbable becomes probable these markets just cannot be ignored. Has anyone else seen the benefit of these markets? Or do you still just see this as gambling like many of the establishment.