Alpari insolvent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terriegym

so as Alpari have announced they have entered insolvency. I need a new broker!
which would people suggest please?

Try out Tradefair+ or intertrader, they are a white label sb firm,but prices as good as anyone else and a great sign up bonus of up to 20%. ive had no probs with them and I spoke to them today and they are not in difficulty. P.s if you do I might as well have the intro bonus,I think its £100 each

Alpari UK insolvent as of 10am 16/1/15

http://www.alpari.co.uk/client-updates/notifications/posts/2015/january/important-announcement

The recent move on the Swiss franc caused by the Swiss National Bank’s unexpected policy reversal of capping the Swiss franc against the euro has resulted in exceptional volatility and extreme lack of liquidity. This has resulted in the majority of clients sustaining losses which has exceeded their account equity. Where a client cannot cover this loss, it is passed on to us. This has forced Alpari (UK) Limited to confirm today, 16/01/15, that it has entered into insolvency. Retail client funds continue to be segregated in accordance with FCA rules. - See more at: http://www.alpari.co.uk/client-upda...y/important-announcement#sthash.fVqIbpHn.dpuf

Try out Tradefair+ or intertrader, they are a white label sb firm,but prices as good as anyone else and a great sign up bonus of up to 20%. ive had no probs with them and I spoke to them today and they are not in difficulty. P.s if you do I might as well have the intro bonus,I think its £100 each

its not one of those that if you get a bonus you have to trade 50x your bonus before you can withdraw any money is it?

A white label of capitalspreads , avoid like the plague !

Any left standing ..... Oanda , maybe ?

Early on January 15, 2015, the Swiss National Bank (SNB) sent global financial markets into turmoil with a surprise move to eliminate its three-year-old cap on the franc (CHF).

In the wake of this unprecedented market event, OANDA demonstrated its ongoing commitment to doing right by its clients. Despite suffering losses and vanishing liquidity in the institutional hedging market, OANDA remained true to its 14-year legacy of transparency, integrity and fairness to our clients. OANDA did not re-quote or amend any CHF cross client trades. We even took the further step of forgiving all negative client balances that were caused when clients could not close out their positions fast enough (where permitted by regulations).

As a very well capitalized broker, we are proud to report that it is business as usual at OANDA: client trading, deposits and withdrawals are processing normally.

OANDA is proud of its strong reputation for fairness and integrity. We thank our customers for their continued loyalty and welcome new traders who want to experience outstanding service and execution.

I hope Alpari will honour one's account !! ??

or is it down the drain ?

The difference here is the leverage , Oanda's leverage is 50:1 , Alpari's is 400/200:1 . Period .

I Spread bet using MT4 and was using Alpari as my main broker but also used GKFX live and FXPro as a demo. I think they are the only SB's that you can use MT4 to trade with... might be wrong...

Both OK although GKFX can be a bit of a pain to withdraw from as they will only let you withdraw funds to an account that you have used to credit the account with before... which is why I liked Alpari... :rolleyes:

I'll probably open an FxPro account now.

Cheers,

Client funds are apparently properly segregated at Alpari so you should be OK.

FSCS cover will also apply for retail accounts if necessary

http://www.ads-securities.com/ are just about to open in the UK. UAE based so very well capitalised. Statement on other sites says they made money yesterday.

That's just peachy(n)

I have an account with them. It's a fraction of my main trading account however. I just used it for some fx.

Not sure exactly what this means right now. Reading to do.

Just come back from TESCO. they closed my friends 20 lots Cable USD positions , what is going on, F***king SNB

Can we trust the Safe haven ****y CHF and SNB any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.