Alpari glitch

freddichan

Hi there, tw2 newbie. Experienced trader, currently restarting after a pause.

Have just had a bad experience with my new account at Alpari - wiped out this morning because of a rogue trade (closing my gbpusd long at an alleged rate of 1.51265, i.e. about 1300 pips below the actual rate) which they say they are trying to sort. Meanwhile my account is frozen.

Anyone else have any recent Alpari experience (good or bad) they want to share.

Hi there, tw2 newbie. Experienced trader, currently restarting after a pause.

Have just had a bad experience with my new account at Alpari - wiped out this morning because of a rogue trade (closing my gbpusd long at an alleged rate of 1.51265, i.e. about 1300 pips below the actual rate) which they say they are trying to sort. Meanwhile my account is frozen.

Anyone else have any recent Alpari experience (good or bad) they want to share.

it happened 2 seconds after i closed a short position around 7.21 this morning, ???

Attachments

• 2000pips.PNG
    2000pips.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
"it happened 2 seconds after i closed a short position"

hotdamn ...

you think they wd have let you keep the rogue profit?

is that a tick chart? glitch not showing up on my 1min (on mt4)

"it happened 2 seconds after i closed a short position"

hotdamn ...

you think they wd have let you keep the rogue profit?

is that a tick chart? glitch not showing up on my 1min (on mt4)

Hey, it was happening so fast it appeared on the 15 minute chart, 4 hour chart and above, I tried to throw everything I had to catch the movement but was not successful because I was busy checking other brokers to find out what had happened. I wonder how many accounts have been sabotaged by Alpari, I don't think it was a glitch, computer never lies, I think someone tried to do something, sometimes you can find an entire weekly or monthly bar that has been removed and then replaced, I think you can get your money back this time.

Attachments

• alpari.PNG
    alpari.PNG
    49.3 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
You deal with Russians, then expect to end up being ripped off, dead or both.

They're Russian?

Marvellous.

"I think someone tried to do something."

You mean Alpari's quoted prices were buggered by some fat-finger client distorting things?
Or you mean something more sinister, like Alpari themselves generating business?

Hey, it was happening so fast it appeared on the 15 minute chart, 4 hour chart and above, I tried to throw everything I had to catch the movement but was not successful because I was busy checking other brokers to find out what had happened. I wonder how many accounts have been sabotaged by Alpari, I don't think it was a glitch, computer never lies, I think someone tried to do something, sometimes you can find an entire weekly or monthly bar that has been removed and then replaced, I think you can get your money back this time.

You deal with Russians, then expect to end up being ripped off, dead or both.

They're Russian?

Marvellous.

"I think someone tried to do something."

You mean Alpari's quoted prices were buggered by some fat-finger client distorting things?
Or you mean something more sinister, like Alpari themselves generating business?

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate your frustration at the tech issues you've experienced on your account. If I had problems on my platform, I would be upset as well. We are currently working through the fixes and are in the process of having any anomalies corrected.

To add a little background, there was a pricing issue, which I believe you have already noticed.
This led to some orders being triggered on bad pricing.
All such orders are being corrected, whether in profit or loss.

The orders in question are being restored to their state prior to these pricing issues, as required by the FCA, who require us to restore the accounts as if the event had never occurred.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by these issues.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative