All your Facebook are belong to us..

One of my friends (an actual friend) has over 1000 friends on there - the majority of whom she has no knowledge of.

Well she must be acting in a less than common sense way as you can only have friends if you accept their requests which she must have agreed to. Either that or she has been spamming others on Facebook requesting to become friends with people she doesn't know.

Paul

Well she must be acting in a less than common sense way as you can only have friends if you accept their requests which she must have agreed to. Either that or she has been spamming others on Facebook requesting to become friends with people she doesn't know.

Paul

Oh yeah, she just collects them. Meets someone once, becomes a facebook friend. But after a few months you don't remember people you met once at a party that well do you?

I think it's just a fake popularity thing, you know having so many hundred "friends".

i_came.jpg

...vidi, vici!

We're still doing classical references, right?

Arrh, that would explain a lot about some of the members on this site.

I'd read that this software could eventually allow up to 100 IDs per individual user. If they have 100 paid for sock puppets they could dominate each meaningful message board with ten thousand *opinions*. Now if these hundred users could be prescribed 10,000 individual IP addies then you could prove to an advertiser that you're getting 10,000 unique vists per day..That's just a fairly simple way this software could be used.

However it's (will be) mostly used to sway opinion mainly on comment threads on on-line news-sites, in the UK The Times, Guardian, Independent, Daily Hate can all be astrotrufed with propoganda 'taking sides' on issues such as Libya, or playing down the effects of radiation sickness..it's actually very cost effective, extremely quick and very measurable.