All You Need To Trade is a Squiggly Line (or three) - trendie

trendie

Legendary member
My squiggly-line strategy is based on simple squiggly lines.
Its that simple.

The first two lines are EMA-60-High and EMA-60-Low. (standard MT-4)
The blue/red line is Hull-MA set to 60. (find the MT-4 code from the FXIgor thread)

The lower indicator is Stochastisc set-up as (5,3,3).

I have been using this since two minutes ago.

Very simply:
the Hull-MA indicates trend. and the 60-channel acts as triggers.

Go SHORT when:
the Hull-MA is RED and
EITHER
a: the price closes below the 60-EMA channel
OR
b: Stochs are above 80 (Overbought) and hooking DOWN (cross-over)

Go LONG when:
the Hull-MA is BLUE and
EITHER
a: the price closes above the 60-EMA channel
OR
b: Stochs are below 20 (Oversold) and hooking UP (cross-over)

Risk: previous Low for a Long trade or previous High for a Short trade, or about 20 pips.

Targets: about 30 pips or when Stochastics start to reach opposite side of Stochs indicator, or when you're done.

Preferred Timeframe: 5-mins, and on EURJPY and GBPUSD.

I have been trading this for the past twelve minutes and have experienced excellent results.
EDIT: It took me ten minutes to get here from when I said had been using it for 2 minutes.

Notes:best trades are when the balance of the price action is on one side of the channel. Mostly above for Longs, and mostly below for shorts.
When the price action straddles the channels, the chart is in non-trend mode, and is best left alone. This is the time to do the hoovering you have been meaning to get around to.

Attachments

• squiggly-001.gif
    squiggly-001.gif
    77.8 KB · Views: 2,125
Last edited:
My squiggly-line strategy is based on simple squiggly lines.
Its that simple.

This seems like a really good system to me. It's obvious that the back testing wasn't just a case of lucky curve-fitting. Can i be guaranteed at least $5000 a month ? - because that's what i really need to suit my life style. Having had an in-depth look at your system since its posting 20 mins ago, I was wondering whether it could be improved by changing one of the 60 MAs to 61? The only thing I'm not sure about is whether it should be the upper or the lower - what d'ya think?

I hope you will keep this going as an ongoing learning thread - perhaps you could eventually produce the essentials as a digest in pdf format. In fact I'd be prepared to pay for it rather than read it here for free.

Good luck with this project and i acknowledge the public-spiritedness of your contribution.

Fx Stalker with Ginfaster Stripes.

Hello trendie, in the spirit of the thread I present Gainfaster. Build 1.

As we can see in this tricky intra-intersessional 48 hours its kicked ass. And at this time suggests long GBPJPY. 210.00/05 stopwise bout 60 points.. . (y)

LIVE TRADE....(y) My left nut says it pops north 211.00 before it hits 209.50(y) LIVE... LIVE.... :clap::LOL:

Attachments

• fx.stalker.with.gain.faster.stripes..PNG
    fx.stalker.with.gain.faster.stripes..PNG
    78.9 KB · Views: 5,363
Love it, trendie. And for another perspective on squiggles . . .

Stage Four: The Squiggle Trader Stage

If you don't quit, you'll move into the "squiggle trader" phase. Since you failed with patterns and so on, you figure there's some "secret weapon", a "holy grail" that's known to the select few, something that will help you filter out all those bad trades. Once you find this magical key, your profits will explode and you'll achieve every dream you ever had.

You begin an obsessive study of every method and every indicator that is new to you. You buy every book, attend every course, sign up for every newsletter and advisory service, register for every trading website and every chat room. You buy more elaborate software. You buy off-the-shelf systems. You spend whatever it takes to buy success.

Unfortunately, you stack so much onto your charts that you become paralyzed. With so many inputs, you can't make a decision, particularly since they rarely agree. So you focus on those which agree with the direction of the trade you've taken (or, if you're the fearful sort, you look only for those which will prove to you how much of a loser you think you are).

This is all characteristic of scared money. Without a genuine acceptance of the fact of loss and of the risks involved in trading, you flit around like a butterfly in search of anything or anybody who will tell you that you know what you're doing. This serves two purposes: (1) it transfers to others the responsibility for the trade and (2) it shakes you out of trades as your indicators begin to conflict. The MACD says buy, the sto says sell. The ADX says the market is trending, the OBV says it's overbought. By the end of the day, your brain is jelly.

This process can be useful if the trader learns from it what is popular, i.e., what other traders are doing, and, if he lasts, how to trade traps and panic/euphoria. And even though he may decide that much of it is crap, he will, if he doesn't slip back into the Cynical Skepticism Stage, have a more profound appreciation -- achieved through personal experience -- of what is sensible and logical and what is nonsense. He might also learn something more about the kind of trader he is, what "style" suits him best, learn to distinguish between what is desirable and what is practical.

But the vast majority of traders never leave this stage. They spend their "careers" searching for the answer, and even though they may eventually achieve piddling profits (if they don't, they will of course eventually no longer be trading), they never become truly successful, and this has its own insidious consequences.

All You Need To Trade Is A Cup Of Tea And A Biscuit

By popular demand and because it's a Lunar Eclipse tonight here is the most successful trading system of ALL time - EVER

AND IT'S FREE (I accept all major credit cards and PayPal BTW)

Here is a strategy ....

Seems to work quite well on FX but careful not to get your fingers burnt.

1. Just before the open make a nice cup of tea - I find PG Tips as good as any.
2. Take a fresh packet of Rich Tea biscuits and remove one and keep at the ready.
3. Wait for the first minute candle to form then dunk the biscuit in the tea about halfway and hold in the hot liquid for approx 5 seconds.
4. Gently lift the biscuit from the tea and hold above the cup.
5. This is the important bit: If the dunked half falls back into the cup then SHORT at market, if it remains intact then go LONG. Try and time step no. 5 to coincide with the third candle.
6. Now make another fresh cup off tea, sit back and watch and exit on the completion of the 8 minute candle.
7. If successful then repeat steps 3 - 5 again as many times as you like or until you run out of biscuits.

If not successful try using chocolate digestives....

The above strategy is intended for educational purposes only and trading futures with scalding hot liquids can result in a nasty accident.

Grail set up found while on holiday

If you don't quit, you'll move into the "squiggle trader" phase. Since you failed with patterns and so on, you figure there's some "secret weapon", a "holy grail" that's known to the select few, something that will help you filter out all those bad trades. Once you find this magical key, your profits will explode and you'll achieve every dream you ever had.

You begin an obsessive study of every method and every indicator that is new to you. You buy every book, attend every course, sign up for every newsletter and advisory service, register for every trading website and every chat room. You buy more elaborate software. You buy off-the-shelf systems. You spend whatever it takes to buy success.

Unfortunately, you stack so much onto your charts that you become paralyzed. With so many inputs, you can't make a decision, particularly since they rarely agree. So you focus on those which agree with the direction of the trade you've taken (or, if you're the fearful sort, you look only for those which will prove to you how much of a loser you think you are).

This is all characteristic of scared money. Without a genuine acceptance of the fact of loss and of the risks involved in trading, you flit around like a butterfly in search of anything or anybody who will tell you that you know what you're doing. This serves two purposes: (1) it transfers to others the responsibility for the trade and (2) it shakes you out of trades as your indicators begin to conflict. The MACD says buy, the sto says sell. The ADX says the market is trending, the OBV says it's overbought. By the end of the day, your brain is jelly.

This process can be useful if the trader learns from it what is popular, i.e., what other traders are doing, and, if he lasts, how to trade traps and panic/euphoria. And even though he may decide that much of it is crap, he will, if he doesn't slip back into the Cynical Skepticism Stage, have a more profound appreciation -- achieved through personal experience -- of what is sensible and logical and what is nonsense. He might also learn something more about the kind of trader he is, what "style" suits him best, learn to distinguish between what is desirable and what is practical.

But the vast majority of traders never leave this stage. They spend their "careers" searching for the answer, and even though they may eventually achieve piddling profits (if they don't, they will of course eventually no longer be trading), they never become truly successful, and this has its own insidious consequences.

db

something like this perhaps

new I was on the wrong track, why no one say anything:?:

Attachments

• FTSE 100 grailDaily (20-FEB-08).png
    FTSE 100 grailDaily (20-FEB-08).png
    21 KB · Views: 710
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 2,647
  • pinkpig.jpg
    pinkpig.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 2,666
By popular demand and because it's a Lunar Eclipse tonight here is the most successful trading system of ALL time - EVER

AND IT'S FREE (I accept all major credit cards and PayPal BTW)

ahhh, but you have shares in McVities, so you could be getting kick-backs for selling them.
Or even PG-Tips.
Are you willing to admit this, or do you actually use a different brand combo of bickie and tea?
Willing to reveal this, for a small donation, perhaps?

ahhh, but you have shares in McVities, so you could be getting kick-backs for selling them.
Or even PG-Tips.
Are you willing to admit this, or do you actually use a different brand combo of bickie and tea?
Willing to reveal this, for a small donation, perhaps?

Actually this method has proven so successful I use my own special trading brand of biscuits manufactured in my own factory.

It's all in my new book.

How I dunked my way to millions - The man who took the biscuit out of Wall Street.

And for a special trade2win member price, you too can have a packet of the unique Rich Trading Biscuits at a reduced introductory price.

Just text 'I am a biscuit trader' to 07780RichTea.

:clap:

Rofl!
More than a couple of grains of truth in this thread, perhaqps it should be stickied?
(serious)

Squiggle update. Bonzer result....

Bonzer, 4 and 0 this week so far, mind you more rocket science coding in these squiggles than a Nasa vending machine.... honest!

Attachments

• fx.stalker.with.gain.faster.stripes.gaining.PNG
    fx.stalker.with.gain.faster.stripes.gaining.PNG
    60.5 KB · Views: 653
I have been trading this for the past twelve minutes and have experienced excellent results.

ROF! :LOL:

Just one complaint! whys the header not in capitals!?:p

Very true!