All that isnt method, especially TiTZ.

OK I watched the video, all it did was remind me of how much of a tw@t
I used to be on the road in cars and bikes.
Particularly 2 near misses that I certainly would not have walked away from.
Trouble is people like that always think skill is enough.
Sooner or later you realise skill will not get you out of every situation,
simply as the situation is wrong - should be on track or not at all.

Other than that, the only other thought was, yeah I remember exposing
myself to stupid risk for a buzz.
Now at 40, I realised a long time ago that actually I'm not made out of rubber,
and the best way to die when you are 70+ is by not exposing yourself to
excessive risk.
No sweaty palms :)
:LOL: I can relate to the cars and bikes when i was kid (sorry to who anybody in streatham who was whooped, by some pleb in a turbocharged sky blue mini 20 years ago :LOL:)
I guess because were all different, our notions of what 'excessive risk' means will be different.

The longer we live and the more experienced we become the less risks we are willing to take, because, we start to apply knowledge of previously experienced risk to all other areas we might be involved in.
Yes, I think for most us that is very true. I also think that in particular regard to trading it presents a lot problems.

Re the examples. For me the secured ladder is by far the better option, but in both examples, you could come a cropper, or not. imo.

3 Make sure the wife is well insured, get the chainsaw out, start it up and rev if flat out ignoring the voices in head which are telling you to chase wifey around the garden with it. Ask wife to stand in the footprint where the tree will fall....timber.....whoops, butterfingers!!! Move to sunnier climes with younger model who can cook.
Now heres a man who can think outside o the feckin box!! :LOL::LOL:

Anyways, time to move onto some TiTZ I think before I take a long overdue break from T2W

Page 92. Theses are presented by Mark as the '5 truths' of the market. Will be having at look at what each means, and how realistic they are.
171400d1391985550-all-isnt-method-especially-titz-five-truths.png

Attachments

• five truths.png
    five truths.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:
Yes, I think for most us that is very true. I also think that in particular regard to trading it presents a lot problems.

Re the examples. For me the secured ladder is by far the better option, but in both examples, you could come a cropper, or not. imo.

Yes I agree, obviously a scaffold and harness and full PPE would be even better than the ladder, but I guess the point is, we have to draw the line somewhere, between what's reasonable and practical and what's just plain stupid.
:LOL:

I mean, can you ever imagine cutting down a branch standing on a bin !!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes I agree, obviously a scaffold and harness and full PPE would be even better than the ladder, but I guess the point is, we have to draw the line somewhere, between what's reasonable and practical and what's just plain stupid.
:LOL:
Yeah i totally agree.Thankfully, theres no limits to human stupidity an irrationality, in the markets as well as cutting trees :LOL:

I mean, can you ever imagine cutting down a branch standing on a bin !!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Clearly, you havent seen my bin! ;)

Attachments

• my bin.jpg
    my bin.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Gona call it quits here as im all out of posting motivation.
Just a quickie for anyone whos interested in getting the most from Trading in the zone, having some idea of how beliefs affect us will give you a good head start, an open mind will also help much.
Chapter 9 - 10 gives a good overview, some research into cbt would be better.

Thats all i got.
GL to all esp those who choose to explore.
D out