Alibaba IPO

XxRamboPLxX

hey guys

It is reported that 9/19/2014 is the date of the IPO
it's going to be a hell of a day the stock will be traded at 60-66$ per share
i think it will touch something between 79$ in one day
do not miss that (y)

This will be a highly irrational market, a lot of hype considering barely anyone knew what it was not too long ago.

It may do well long term, but the market is topping soon enough and I think it will disappoint in a similar to how Facebook did at first.

hey guys

It is reported that 9/19/2014 is the date of the IPO
it's going to be a hell of a day the stock will be traded at 60-66$ per share
i think it will touch something between 79$ in one day
do not miss that (y)

IG’s grey market are already predicting a 20% pop on the share price!

"RWLK is a pump and dump IPO. They have no sales to show for and insurance companies aren't working with them, but "FDA Approval" is always a buzzword within these types of stocks. It's a decent company, but nothing justifies it's $35 price. People getting some profits in before BABA. I'm bearish. I think BABA will top out the market and send us into a correction or at least some sort of retracement. If you are going to trade BABA, I would be on my best discipline."

Said a Merrill Lynch Trader to me in Skype this morning.

The money was made on this during the Pre-IPO phase, I think it has a high potential of flopping like Facebook did before gaining steam.

Trading the Alibaba IPO

Is anyone trading the Yahoo / Softbank Spread ?

Softbank-Yahoo-Spread.png

How will you adjust for changes in Yahoo’s exposure to Alibaba following tomorrow’s IPO? It’s a tricky one: BABA stock (assuming the latest valuations) currently makes up about 0.81% of the total market cap for YHOO, and they’re looking to sell off about .

A lot depends on how the sale affects the price of YHOO, and there’ll be a lot of media management going on around this. My thinking is that far more has been pumped into Yahoo as a proxy for Alibaba than into Softbank and it is relatively overbought. Short YHOO and Long SFTBY looks like a potential trade at this stage, assuming Softbank doesn’t under-react to the IPO.

What are your thoughts? Do any of you hold pre-IPO shares in Alibaba?

Some more Alibaba IPO trading strategies here.

Nick