Advice on programs/alerts

I am a relatively new trader. Only have done about a dozen trades and has lost a few more than I have won. I am a full time college student so the time I have to both study the market and watch stocks during the day is limited. I was wondering what advice people could give me as to what good software is out there that could help me be a better trader and improve my W/L ratio. I am currently using Etrade pro and stockcharts.com for looking up patterns. Also has anyone ever had any good experiences with alert services? I have used a few from some of the industry "gurus" but the problem is usually that there are so many followers of the service that the price shoots up 5 to 10 percent before I could even enter, especially if I was trying to do it from my phone in class. Any and all advice is very welcome.:smart:

My advice is take your time by only using End of Day closes while you are at college.
Read plenty too.

good luck

I am a relatively new trader. Only have done about a dozen trades and has lost a few more than I have won. I am a full time college student so the time I have to both study the market and watch stocks during the day is limited. I was wondering what advice people could give me as to what good software is out there that could help me be a better trader and improve my W/L ratio. I am currently using Etrade pro and stockcharts.com for looking up patterns. Also has anyone ever had any good experiences with alert services? I have used a few from some of the industry "gurus" but the problem is usually that there are so many followers of the service that the price shoots up 5 to 10 percent before I could even enter, especially if I was trying to do it from my phone in class. Any and all advice is very welcome.:smart:
There are no experts in this business no gurus. The only one opinion that matters in the end is your own. You are solely responsible for your actions in the market.
My advice would be to be to study up on CBT and read trading in the zone (pdg link in sig). Explore who you are and find which parts of you (your beliefs) will conflict with successful trading.
After that youre well placed to explore and find a method that wont be hampered by your current beliefs.
Most traders ignore or fail to understand the importance of mindset, thats why imo most traders churn or fail. Imho.
GL

There are no experts in this business no gurus. The only one opinion that matters in the end is your own. You are solely responsible for your actions in the market.
My advice would be to be to study up on CBT and read trading in the zone (pdg link in sig). Explore who you are and find which parts of you (your beliefs) will conflict with successful trading.
After that youre well placed to explore and find a method that wont be hampered by your current beliefs.
Most traders ignore or fail to understand the importance of mindset, thats why imo most traders churn or fail. Imho.
GL

+1 on this one