advfn sp500 symbol

andrewmooton

Hi there,

I've been trying to find the symbol for the s&p500 index on advfn.com but I cant for the life of me find it.

Does anyone know what it is?

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I believe it's SPI:INX but I haven't checked it recently. At one time a few months ago, they provided no data..let me know if you have any luck

Nicos

I have had a lot of problems with that website.. pitty really because it's potentially useful.. I hardly use it now and their support leaves a lot to be desired.. You get what you pay for in the end.. lol

I just checked it and it does provide a ral time streaming quote for the SP500.. maybe they ar getting better.. if it serves your purpose, fine. Personally I don't trade that instrument. I have nothing against free sites.. I use them all the time. I'm sure you are aware of bigcharts.com symbol SPX, but you have to keep refreshing it (on the othe hand you can use autorefresh). The good thing about bigcharts is you can choose your own timeframes, drow trendlines and indicators etc. Hope it helps

PS big charts can automatically email you your favourite charts nice and ready for the morning!

I already know about bigcharts but i was under the impression that advfn was better because it was real time whereas bigcharts is delayed by 15 mins.

is this correct?

check on that but I think you will find spx and dji are real time (read it at the bottom of the page). Shares are delayed .. again read the bottom of the page when the instrument is displayed