Address line

osho67

On the web page there is this address line which collects all addresses of various places you have been. I can delet all of them by going to Tools - Internet options but I would like to delet item by item one at a time. Can I do this sort of thing?Help much appreciated. Thanks

Not exactly sure what you mean here -

but if you mean is it possible to delete cookies etc one at a time rather than all at once then the answer is yes.

Assuming you're using IE, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Settings --> VIEW FILES.

You can then manually delete what you want and dont want.

Sorry , I did not make myself clear. NO I donot want to delete cookies

Say I have visited following sites
yhoo,odl,elitetrader, hotmail, btopenworld etc. All the addresses are there in address line. I want to delete some of them but not all of them. Possible? Thanks

Osho, I think you're referring to your History data.

Click on the History icon on IE (single down arrow - green inside a circle) and you can right-click and delete at will.

Dear Oatman When I highlight and click delete, nothing happens, the line remains highlighted. I have XP on another computer and I tried this as well, the highted line remains highlighted.

Dear Bramble- Where can I find history icon and where is IE -computers are too complicated, IMHO

I have XP. If iclick on an empty space in the address bar it turns dark blue. Yes?
Then hit the DEL key. This clears the bar on mine.

osho67 said:
Dear Bramble- Where can I find history icon and where is IE -computers are too complicated, IMHO

My apologies Osho - I made some assumptions. I do agree, computers can appear complicated most usually when you want to do the simplest things, but they do serve a very useful purpose.

IE is Microsoft Internet Explorer. That was my assumption. What internet browser are you using?

Dear Bramble I think it is IE6
When I rt click I get following drop down menu:
run as
scan with avg
pin to start menu send to copy remove from this list rename properties

Let me start again
The first line is file, edit,view, favourite tools help

second line is with various icons Back,forward refresh, home search etc

Third line is address line

I rt click on histiry line which lists everything I have visited e.g T2W appears 10 times while in address line it appears only once. History is deleted everyday when I close the computer as I have set like that. But one line in address T2W does not disappear. That is the line I would like to delete selectively

Thanks

osho,

what u are refer'g to - is this the address on the drop down at address bar? - i've tried delet'g n it doesn't delete. it seems to show last 25 visits that were typed/pasted into it - so guess only way of remov'g it is to retype/paste as many addresses - last one on list disappears

Osho, try this, however it might seem a bit complicated and if you are in doubt, DO NOT DO IT AS TAMPERING WITH THE REGISTRY IS DANGEROUS:
Click on start, then run, and type in: regedit.exe
A window wil open and you will have to click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER then select Software then select Internet Explorer and then select Typed URLs you will find a list of all the urls(addreses) in your drop down menu you can highlight the ones that you do not need and click on delete.

However if you are not sure then don't do this as if you do this and get it wrong it may damage your computer.

how about going into "Tools" at the top,
then "Internet Options"
then "Delete Files" and "Clear History"...

Thanks for all the replies. My problem has not been solved but the search goes on.

Osho67

If you are refering to the URL's in your IE address bar and do not want to clear them ALL via the Tools > Internet options > Clear history method why not go into the Windows/history folder via Windows explorer eg :
Start menu > Programs > Windows Explorer > Windowsfolder > Historyfolder... once in the history folder select the day the unwanted URL's were visited (History URL's are grouped into days within the history folder) then you can delete the unwanted URL's manually one by one.
If ive interpreted your post correctly then this should help however im not so sure this is what you meant, please post and let us know.

Regards

I.T