Active day and swing traders

Euro_d said:
I am looking at a small long on INF (T&F informa) similar business. Apparently they report today but I have found nothing on the wires.
Have you seen anything?
Hi Euro_d,

Acording to Hemscott, interims for INF are expected on 8th Sep.

There was a trading update on 22/7 "in line with the Board's expectations" (not necessarily the market's expectations :) ).

Regards,

Mark

khi said:
nice one Mark, at least its profit.

Correct me if u think i am wrong, i think the buying is due to falling of oil price from its high. anyway good move mate.

Kim
Wouldn't have thought so Kim - oil price barely seems to have moved. My suspicion (& it's no more than that) is that maybe there is something in these bid rumours - or at least they are supporting the LLOY market. I don't see why else buyers should come rushing back after trickling away yesterday. Either way, I''m not confident at the moment of the price going much lower soon, so I'm out.

I do think there are businesses where the oil price impact may not yet be fully factored in. I'm looking at EXL short - but no entry today. Weekly MACD suggests sentiment on this one is turning negative.

Cheers,

Mark

marben said:
Wouldn't have thought so Kim - oil price barely seems to have moved. My suspicion (& it's no more than that) is that maybe there is something in these bid rumours - or at least they are supporting the LLOY market. I don't see why else buyers should come rushing back after trickling away yesterday. Either way, I''m not confident at the moment of the price going much lower soon, so I'm out.

I do think there are businesses where the oil price impact may not yet be fully factored in. I'm looking at EXL short - but no entry today. Weekly MACD suggests sentiment on this one is turning negative.

Cheers,

Mark

loos like the rise of oil stocks like bp and rds agreeing with u Mark.

marben said:
Hi euro_d,

What's your take on LLOY today?

Regards,

Mark
Should have listened to what the charts were telling me, short term bullish, could have got a fer points more today.
Anyway, I really dont see much change from what I said yesterday, however, it seems quite possible that we have found support, would like to see today's close then possibly in long Monday
Dave

Took loss on MKS short @ 362. Opened @ 353.5 on 12/8. Was expecting downtrend to develop but this hasn't happened. Slight -ve sentiment yesterday hasn't followed through to today: plenty of buyers coming out of the woodwork, so accepted my loss before going through stop.

BLND now SL on slightly +ve.
PAG & IRV going nowhere. I am out for the rest of the day on autopilot!
Golf calls
Good weekend for all, long one in UK?

Dave

yeah good weekend to you too Euro_d.

wish i could get out and do something more interesting than just watching this weak market too. Its tipping it down outside btw.

Euro_d said:
BLND now SL on slightly +ve.
PAG & IRV going nowhere. I am out for the rest of the day on autopilot!
Golf calls
Good weekend for all, long one in UK?

Dave
Have a good one yourself Dave! Yup we get Monday off .

Cheers,

Mark

mm closed hafl positon on all longs and its a bl__dy down day, let recoup it next week :(

Well, completed my housecleaning for today: closed HMSO long @ 876.75, prior to results on Tuesday. Opened @ 874.7 on 16/8.

So that leaves my position as: Long CPI, SBRY(50%), TATE; Short BATS, DXNS, EMG, HNS, IHG, JMAT, SGE(50%)

Good Bank Holiday all!

Mark

Morning all, hope you all had a relaxing long weekend.

I remain long in:
BLND Bought @ 861 on 24 Aug stop now @ 865 so some profit locked in.
PAG Bought @ 487 stop @ 476 which is about to get filled for a loss
IRV Bought @ 345 and going nowhere!

I will be going long on UKX very short term if we hold a few mor minutes above 5260
Nothing really interesting on the radar at the moment

Good trading
Dave

khi said:
mm closed hafl positon on all longs and its a bl__dy down day, let recoup it next week :(

A while ago you said that there were many lurkers watching the action on this thread who did not post. I'm one, but thought that I may as well throw my bit in, so here goes.

I swing trade for a few days, if necessary, and leave the computer for several hours at a time.

Last Friday I shorted GLH at 837, don't always use stops which was just as well because of the spike to 850 in the afternoon- so am still in that one.

This morning 1109 CET shorted Barclays at 555.5.

Split

Anyone any thoughts on what CNT is likely to do next?
I have been waiting for a bounce but it's remarkably level.

Hi Ale,
Although I do not deal in AIM stocks I had a look at the charts and yes, it is remarkably level.
IMHO there could be a move brewing to take it higher again but personally I would wait for some action to redefine the trend before diving in.

mornin' all

strong start again. bg triggered long yesterday and emg this morning with stan still running (crawling). you long ukx now euro?

good trading

jon

#BG, me too, that is probably the kiss of death!
UKX, no, unfortunately. I do not hold index positions overnight and the rise today was very quick and I expected a pull back. Many people go contrary to the opening pop, I personally do not.
Actually, I could have entered UKX at 5070 but did not. Was fighting with learning Tradestation and missed it!
Yesterday, closed BLND for a very nice profit. PAG got stopped for a loss.
That leaves me in BG & IRV which has gone nowhere!
Lets see what else transpires today. Got VED in the sights but would like to see 560 before I enter