Active day and swing traders

Euro_d said:
Well KHI, what do I think of LLOY.
I see it as a short bounce, probably on the bid rumour. I can see nothing to support a long until we reach the lows of May around 445 which is where I see support.
So therefore I am basically bullish.

So why did I go long?
A very short term and small trade as it has popped above the 5ma and the fact tact that it seems to be retracing to the medium trend . Granted, the slight upmove was/is on very low volume . If can hold above the 463 ish level then I think we could retract back up to almost 500.
To be confident of my long I would really like to see the 5 & 20 ma cross.
That is a big but and I have very tight stops in place as Mark has said the trend is certainly down.

thanks Euro_d

like what ur saying re above 463 price should move towards 500 and see the first resistance is at around 478ish. but if i am not wrong, what u r saying is that its just a small bounce and you will be reluctant to hold , so at what level will you be out? i am already out at 463.5 as its pulled back to 462.5 and will reentre later on if its trading above 465.75.

todays total volumn so far is 45m shares , compared to just 11m for both hsbc and barc. i think the volumn is relatively high.

Where will come out?
460, gives me a nice mornings work of 7 points.

Regarding the volume, sorry I was not clear, I meant the last few days, especially Tuesday when we had the first positive day since 10 Aug

BTW you may have seen from another thread that I am a new Trade Station user. Am using the quiet time to learn. Just found a very clever tool that interprets the indicators you set on the chart. Quick pat on the back as it says more or less what I have said re LLOY.
Ah well, back to learning TS.

my lloy tuppenceworth

on the weekly, there's been a lot of activity in the 445 - 475 range and it'd be negative if it dropped out of that this time.

in the short term, the tight 2 point closing range over the last week looks as though it was screwing itself up for something and the high volume break today might be the start of it. on the other hand, maybe that tight range came from some smart money soaking up selling because they knew the rumour was coming and the high volume today may be them busy unloading into the interest caused by the rumour - or is that too devious :devilish: time will tell.

good trading

jon

Attachments

• lloyw.gif
    lloyw.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 175
  • lloy.gif
    lloy.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 138
barjon said:
my lloy tuppenceworth

on the weekly, there's been a lot of activity in the 445 - 475 range and it'd be negative if it dropped out of that this time.

in the short term, the tight 2 point closing range over the last week looks as though it was screwing itself up for something and the high volume break today might be the start of it. on the other hand, maybe that tight range came from some smart money soaking up selling because they knew the rumour was coming and the high volume today may be them busy unloading into the interest caused by the rumour - or is that too devious :devilish: time will tell.

good trading

jon

interesting thoughts jon, but whether they knew it was coming is hard to tell, it could be the potential buyer whos been holding the price down with a tight range.

anyway, bought more ipr

khi

yup, you're right - doesn't do to think too much about "might be"

jon

khi said:
interesting thoughts jon, but whether they knew it was coming is hard to tell, it could be the potential buyer whos been holding the price down with a tight range.

anyway, bought more ipr
They'd know it was coming if it was them that started the rumour!

Maybe this is a bit conspiracy-ish but not entirely implausible... and there goes the price below 463, as the US opens. Let's see where it goes now...

Cheers,

MB

Last edited:
Well, LLOY now back to below 460, did not slacken the stop.
Quite happy to take 7 points off it today. My veiw of it over the coming days is bearish so I might just short it tomorrow after I have a study of the charts.

Bi all, off to golf!

Euro_d said:
Well, LLOY now back to below 460, did not slacken the stop.
Quite happy to take 7 points off it today. My veiw of it over the coming days is bearish so I might just short it tomorrow after I have a study of the charts.

Bi all, off to golf!
Well done Euro_d,

7pts in one day is a very decent turn on ths one. I remain short, so I hope you're right on the outlook.

Been a good day for me too (though no trades closed so no profits or losses taken yet). EMG & SGE shorts have been the star performers. BATS short has been the main dog.

Enjoy your game,

Mark

'morning all,

As SBRY is around a stochastic high now and start of uptrend is weak/doubtful closed 50% of long trade at B/E (opened @ 283.5 on 10/8, closed @ 284). Leaving remaining 50% until next stochastic top.

Good trading,

Mark

Last edited:
Hello All

I am in and out of YOO & THUS daily. Taking what profit i can. THUS is very interesting at the moment.

khi said:
morning all

long wpp
Interesting that they posted PT profits up but the stock has slipped back slightly, probably something that was already built in.
I am looking at a small long on INF (T&F informa) similar business. Apparently they report today but I have found nothing on the wires.
Have you seen anything?

mornin' all

wpp - what did sorrell(?) say about the business climate? he usually makes an impact on sentiment.

jon

..and closed 50% of SGE short @ 228.25 (stoch %K < 20). Remaining 50% to be kept until next daily stochastic bottom.

Euro_d said:
Interesting that they posted PT profits up but the stock has slipped back slightly, probably something that was already built in.
I am looking at a small long on INF (T&F informa) similar business. Apparently they report today but I have found nothing on the wires.
Have you seen anything?

hi euro_d

sorry mate, not seen anything about inf. wpp has bounced off its day low, see how it trades thru the day, might buy more if it goes above todays opening price.

kim

khi said:
bought lloy
'morning Kim,

Yup! Just bought back other 50% of my LLOY short @ 465.25. Opened @ 469 on 11/8. Don't like the smell of this morning's activity (lots of unexplained buying ), so decided to get out & take a small profit.

Good trading,

Mark

FRENCHPARK8 said:
Hello All

I am in and out of YOO & THUS daily. Taking what profit i can. THUS is very interesting at the moment.

hi frenchpark, nice to hear you have been making money on yoo and thus. thus is interesting after losing energis to cw. it is now become very vulnerble itself. although the majority of us trade ftse 100 stocks but do keep us informed of whatever u trade mate. :)

kim

marben said:
'morning Kim,

Yup! Just bought back other 50% of my LLOY short @ 465.25. Opened @ 469 on 11/8. Don't like the smell of this morning's activity (lots of unexplained buying ), so decided to get out & take a small profit.

Good trading,

Mark

nice one Mark, at least its profit.

Correct me if u think i am wrong, i think the buying is due to falling of oil price from its high. anyway good move mate.

Kim