Active day and swing traders

Short on GLH? From what price?

Think I would be long on this at the moment - however this is not my forte, so I am willing to listen and learn.

JillyB said:
Short on GLH? From what price?

Think I would be long on this at the moment - however this is not my forte, so I am willing to listen and learn.

hi jill, we are all learning, and its good to gather as much expertise and views from differnt traders. your participation is greatly appreciated, please carry on.

i entered a short on glh at 817.5 and stop is 830,

khi said:
hi jill, we are all learning, and its good to gather as much expertise and views from differnt traders. your participation is greatly appreciated, please carry on.

i entered a short on glh at 817.5 and stop is 830,

Thanks for that, though I'm still not convinced on this one, my thoughts are still Long. What is you target and time frame to exit the trade?

I think it will be interesting to see what happens. Do you use TA to select the trades?

Sorry - so many questions. :|

JillyB said:
Thanks for that, though I'm still not convinced on this one, my thoughts are still Long. What is you target and time frame to exit the trade?

I think it will be interesting to see what happens. Do you use TA to select the trades?

Sorry - so many questions. :|

thats ok jill, as many questions as u like, i am not convinced on this one either thats why i have only shorted half of my usual size and also keeping half long in imt.

yes i do use TA for enter and exit, all i use is just 14 and 50 ma plus slow stocastic (not as sophisticated as many of u). to me the most important thing is stop loss. as whatever u do i still believe its 50:50 chance. so money management is the key for me.

i dont like posting the exact price i dealt, becos i dont want to creat any issues, but most of the time i post what i have done straight after what i dealt anyway. but if u like the price u can pm me, and i am more than happy to let u know.

Last edited:
where is jon? imt has broken ur 1503 mark now at 1503-04, whats ur call now mate?

Thanks for that.

I was only asking about the exit price to see if you were considering a longer term trade on this, or just looking to catch a sharp movement and scalp it - so to speak. I'm looking forward to see what happens with this one.

I am also a great on for keeping things simple - on the Dow I scalp using mainly the candlesticks with support and resistance levels. I use the Stochastic, MA's and RSI just for confirmation nothing else. I scalp quite happily using these - no Level II, just the CMC dealing/charting package with two charts showing - 5 and 15 minutes. I can change these though and always check the 3 minute, for entry/exit points and 30 minute + 1 hour charts for trends.

It keeps me out of mischief ;)

jilly and khi

glh - and I'm sitting on the fence :rolleyes:

The last swing low (solid blue line) may have been iffy (knocked out my addition ) and the last one (dotted blue line) may be the truer one. If so there'd have been a long entry just above the white line. On the other hand, the trend (my version) may have turned down by the break of that iffy swing low in which case another couple of highs may give a swing high to that new down trend which will confirm it. So waiting for the fog to clear :)

good trading

jon

Attachments

• glh.gif
    glh.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 212
JillyB said:
Thanks for that.

I was only asking about the exit price to see if you were considering a longer term trade on this, or just looking to catch a sharp movement and scalp it - so to speak. I'm looking forward to see what happens with this one.

I am also a great on for keeping things simple - on the Dow I scalp using mainly the candlesticks with support and resistance levels. I use the Stochastic, MA's and RSI just for confirmation nothing else. I scalp quite happily using these - no Level II, just the CMC dealing/charting package with two charts showing - 5 and 15 minutes. I can change these though and always check the 3 minute, for entry/exit points and 30 minute + 1 hour charts for trends.

It keeps me out of mischief ;)

i dont really have a target, i just try to make as much as (if in profit) possilbe with a trail stop. once i am in a position usually becos i guess (with my TA set up) there is gonna be a big move to my way with a stop, then i just wait for it to happen, it can range from hours to a couple of weeks. when and if it happens i just put on trail stop.

barjon said:
jilly and khi

glh - and I'm sitting on the fence :rolleyes:

The last swing low (solid blue line) may have been iffy (knocked out my addition ) and the last one (dotted blue line) may be the truer one. If so there'd have been a long entry just above the white line. On the other hand, the trend (my version) may have turned down by the break of that iffy swing low in which case another couple of highs may give a swing high to that new down trend which will confirm it. So waiting for the fog to clear :)

good trading

jon

thanks jon, it is unlcear, perhaps my money is going down the drain for me this one, well again, lets hope i am not gonna get stopped out soon.

cheers

Last edited:
khi said:
perhaps my money is going down the drain for me this one

not necessarily - when the fog clears you might see that bank that you can laugh all the way to ;)

good trading

jon

barjon said:
not necessarily - when the fog clears you might see that bank that you can laugh all the way to ;)

good trading

jon

should i keep my fingers crossed? think i'd better :confused: cheers jon

phew... still got glh. and imt is up to a level that makes me happier. overall its a tense but good day. see what happens tmr. later all.

last call for uu. a good defensive stock to long in this weather. i might add more, any viewa pls?

Morning Khi

Sorry about GLH - :(

IMT - I'm changing my feelings on this. There was a good bullish engulfing candle yesterday and there seems to be more of the same in store - could go as high as 1530-35.

Another tobacco company BATS looks like it may be good for a long.

CAT - looks like an opportunity for a short ?

Well those are my picks for the day :cheesy:

khi said:
last call for uu. a good defensive stock to long in this weather. i might add more, any viewa pls?

Undecided on this one - If it were me I would be more short than long, but maybe that's just a girlie thing!

thanks jill, its just one of those losses that has to be taken with no tears. the sector is bullish. agree with imt and bats, and i am still long in imt, but would n ot like to set a target, though there seems to be some resistance at around 1523ish. will set trailing stop.