Accuracy of Exchange data

blash

111 0
It has come to light on a couple of recent threads that the charts we are using are not 100% accurate.

Apparantly this due to the data from the exchange's (Eurex) and not the data vendors or charting software.

Initialy this horrified me as I used to use stops for entry/exit, but if the charts arnt 100% accurate then surely trading with exact stops based on the charts is going to be flawed.

Does anybody know where I can find info on how the Eurex works?

One thing this has taught me is that I need to trade more on intuition on what I see happening in the market not trading off the exact high/low.

Paul

stevet

Established member
917 5
basically Eurex dont issue all the prices at which trades took place - and yes it is an issue - but a real complex one to deal with - since of course everyone is trading off the data that they can see on the charts - so they will trade in accordance with that - so what is the right data and what is the wrong data???

basically your best course is to ignore the issue - but beware that you may get stopped out sometimes when there was not apparent trade at that level

but key is not to look at a chart and compare the apparent volatilty to a Globex chart symbol for instance - since Globex is totaly transparent and shows all trades

blash

111 0
Sorry stevet but what do you mean by comparing a chart with a Globex chart?

I currently only trade the Dax from the one chart, data being supplied by Eurex.

Paul

stevet

Established member
917 5
blash

i meant that sometimes people look at charts of different symbols, or the way that an indicie moves, and then make a decision of its relative volatilty - in order to decide how safe it is to trade - but if you look at a Eurex or CBOT product - you are not seeing the whole picture - so that judgement is distorted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock