Accounts with small Initial stakes

vgrade

Hi Guys,

Been playing with SB via the capitalSpreads demon account and want to go try starting with a more representative stake of £250 but their system does not allow this.

I have tried to take positions to reduce my balance of 30k to reduce down to the £250 but not having much luck. I shorted OIL after the large drop today and it dropped even more increasing my account by 25k.

Anyone know of any demo accounts where I can set the initial stake or some bet I can place which will allow me to reduce my balance to £250.

Martin

Martin,

If you have £30k, why are you trading on with a third-rate system run by second-rate cowboys? You should go direct.

Grant.

Grantx: please correct me if I'm mistaken but I reckon that you have completely misread the OP.

As I understand him, he is using the capitalspreads demonstration account, but is concerned that he is not getting a real feel for how he would perform in reality. He's tried to reduce the fictional funds available and ended up making fictional money - as crude went lower than he thought it would after he shorted it. He's trying to deplete its opening balance as it's far higher than the amount he'd really use, when he opens a real account. The 30K is just a fictional £30K. And he would much rather see how it performed with a fictional balance of £250 - as that would be a far more realistic representation of the amount with which he would first open an account, in reality. Accordingly, he wants to know if there is any demonstration account from any spreadbetter which allows a potential client to set the fictional cash value as low as £250, so that he has a realistic sense of how he would perform with the kind of funds he intends to deposit in reality.

Or... have I misread the OP? I stand corrected if wrong, but (btw) I don't know of any demonstration account which allows anyone to set the opening balance that low.

Peakoil,

No, I mis-read, and not for the first time. My apologies (and I now feel a complete tw*t).

Grant.

hi, i believe tradindex lets you set the initial amount, i dont like it as the charts are v non existent among other annoyances.

oh and i think £250 is a tiny amount to open an account with. I have been using ABN Amro - you can scale down your order amounts and so in some markets you could place a bet for example of 10p per pip.

I dont really use the feature for scaling down, i just like the interface!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for looking.

I managed to reduce my stake by 25k shorting oil but still having problems getting down to 250. I will have a look at your recomendations

MArtin

Hi Guys,

Been playing with SB via the capitalSpreads demon account and want to go try starting with a more representative stake of £250 but their system does not allow this.

I have tried to take positions to reduce my balance of 30k to reduce down to the £250 but not having much luck. I shorted OIL after the large drop today and it dropped even more increasing my account by 25k.

Anyone know of any demo accounts where I can set the initial stake or some bet I can place which will allow me to reduce my balance to £250.

Martin
If u want to edit ur starting balance u should use metatrader software , and for forex only there is many sites support metatrader , for spreadbetting i didnt find who support metatrader but for indices cfd u can use ODL Markets | Metatrader CFDs Trading Platform or Forex demo account opening
although difficult to trade cfds with 250 maybe if u make it 2500 .