Account help

Annaa

Hello

I am from Sweden, I hade some questions about open a cfd account, they want me to write my yearly salary, how much money that I have….
They want the name of my local government, and the phone number, maybe they will call them.
My question is, will they call them and what info are thay seeking?

Thanks
Anna

you have to disclose your salary and worth because, with leveraged financial instruments you can lose more than your initial deposit. The full details are all in the risk disclosure document that you have to agree to before you can open an account. The point is that if you lose a ton of money, they will pursue you for it.

Dont know anything about regulatory law in sweden unfortunately, but regulatory law here is very strict and in the risky business of derivatives trading the law requires a regulated body to "get to know their customer".

You dont have to tell them what they want to know, but then again, they dont have to open an account for you if you dont.

Ok, but will they call our local goverment to confirm my amount I have in salary?

QUOTE=Arbitrageur]you have to disclose your salary and worth because, with leveraged financial instruments you can lose more than your initial deposit. The full details are all in the risk disclosure document that you have to agree to before you can open an account. The point is that if you lose a ton of money, they will pursue you for it.

Dont know anything about regulatory law in sweden unfortunately, but regulatory law here is very strict and in the risky business of derivatives trading the law requires a regulated body to "get to know their customer".

You dont have to tell them what they want to know, but then again, they dont have to open an account for you if you dont.[/QUOTE]

Its the same problem, for me, dont want to open an account for that..meny swedish traders avoid cfds for that, I think.

Osama said:
Ok, but will they call our local goverment to confirm my amount I have in salary?

QUOTE=Arbitrageur]you have to disclose your salary and worth because, with leveraged financial instruments you can lose more than your initial deposit. The full details are all in the risk disclosure document that you have to agree to before you can open an account. The point is that if you lose a ton of money, they will pursue you for it.

You dont have to tell them what they want to know, but then again, they dont have to open an account for you if you dont.
[/QUOTE]