About to start SB but HELP needed first

happyhappyhappy said:
Cheers the blades, thats very nice of you and I may take you up on that yet. I am studying a bit more first so that I have a bit more knowledge before I talk to someone clever like you, so that I have some chance of understanding what you tell me. On the surface it does not look too bad to deal with SB but there are some parts which I am still struggling to understand, like the calculation that shows you what you need to have in your account to hold the trade for any length of time, so that they don't close it on your behalf should you not top your account up quick enough, and it travels in the wrong direction.

One thing I did not mention in the previous post, which is a reason I am interested in SB, is the ability to go short. It is fine going long whilst we are in the bull market but I always struggle when it changes to a bear market and I cannot find anything decent to go long on. I don't know if other brokers let you go short on direct dealing but I don't think Barclays do,which is who I ended up with. The ability to go short, seems a big advantage to me, it seems like it would double my options for dealing.

HHH,

"clever like you" - you're mistaking me for someone else :LOL:

Believe me, it's nothing like as difficult as you're thinking - which is why I think if you talked directly to someone who's actively spreadbetting, your questions / fears would be answered.

There's nothing that I can tell you about it that will be difficult to understand - but I can remember my fear when I started spreadbetting only a few years ago.

I'll leave it with you.

Cheers,
UTB