ABN AMRO - Market Index

candles

Established member
Hey.

Does anyone here trade with ABN amro?

I have been demoing their platorm for a little while now and it seems to offer everthing that im after. It's like OANDA but also has SPX, DOW, FTSE, DAX, oil etc.

Just been looking at the 'open an account page'. They want your national insurance number. CMC never asked for mine though. Why would this be?

I have more question but ill wait and see if anyone actually uses them first...

No takers? Nevermind. I thought that might be the case.

Doesn't matter much now anyway, as I just noticed that they want £1000 to open an account. Part of the point was the I wanted to put a few hundred in an account and try my new system out with small stakes :(

Does anyone know of any other brokers who you can trade the spx with for less than £1 per point? i'I think finspreads do but ive heard too much negativity about their platform and in general....

i have an acount with them, and i use it mainly for short term dax and crude oil trading. their spreads are pretty good, but i don´t like their charting too much and i´m waiting for the release of their api.

Marketindex (abn amro) is a spreadbetting platform isnt it? (tax free)
I wonder why they want peoples national insurance number.

Just been looking at the 'open an account page'. They want your national insurance number. CMC never asked for mine though. Why would this be?
ABN AMRO MarketIndex is a CFD trading platform-brokerage. You''ll be liable to tax on your capital gains and interest earned. It is not an SB. It is not tax-free.

They report individuals' trading profits data to each contry's Inland Revenue Service (HMRC/GAK etc.) where legally obliged to do so.

Last edited: