A window on Gold? Keep peering thru the looking Glass

The Baptist

Established member
Hi,

I have attached a weekly chart on Gold.

Two weekly Candlestick Hammers with tweezer bottom both found support at the $606 level.

Also a windows on Gold Chart. These typical form as barriers/zones of support and resistance once set up. These reiterate support. Note relative volume spikes at key support levels, slowly winding down as interest slowly shifts elsewhere.

Some comments on the various Monthly charts and views.

Enjoy and keep watching!

Regards

Attachments

• Gold 1.9.06.doc
    217 KB · Views: 454
  • 1.9.06 gold window.doc
    191.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Macro Monthly Gold chart rel Val 10 T note 1.9.06.doc
    187 KB · Views: 408
  • Monthly Gold chart 1.9.06.doc
    214 KB · Views: 399
Buy stops at 628 and 632 triggered

Hi,

Golds price action has triggerred a few Buy stops I had been adding on the way down.

656.8 is another levels where additional weight can be added and I have further stops there. So there is still some way to go before the pattern has proven that it has played out in full.

I will post charts this evening on todays effect.

Good luck

The Baptist..........is this an attempt to escape from gugaplex on the other thread? Can't say I blame you

Pippppin said:
The Baptist..........is this an attempt to escape from gugaplex on the other thread? Can't say I blame you

Francis Erkhardt in 'House of Cards' was famous for saying. ' You might say that, but I am afraid I cannot comment'.

Looking for a new emphasis, sometimes a thread just gets stale, as it is an interesting time. Its still worth covering.

However some have noted that the primary impetus for the previous thread, is being driven by people who are not trading the instrument long or short and even blame poor ol' mum for their view, and see no value in a chart.

If all thats the case, well its not a thread for me.

Speaking of which its time for a Gold Chart.

$608 and 602 remain key levels that must hold for the bull cause.

I do not however feel this will be the primary up move I expect a lower higher on this upswing than $657.75 made last time followed by a smaller down leg before a complete setup for BO, if all goes to plan.

Enjoy a weekly CMC weekly Based Chart.

Good luck to all traders.

Attachments

• weekly Gold 5.09.06.doc
    124.5 KB · Views: 383
watch for dow 11650area and spx 1325 area , if they find resistance ther and turn down you may get your breakout in gold as hedge against these larger instruments but without the ridiculous market panic undertones being verified by a panicky market the excitement in gold has waned,and baptist save the offensive comments against other members for the high and mighty sites, no offense, good post.

A Wedge of Gold - Chart October Gold

Hi,

One of the aspects of Golds chart (October 2006 future)for the year is that we have had repeated tests of the $609 -610 region on lower highs each time.

This is not a particularly bullish pattern (door wedge shape) and often results with the parallel line of support being broken. While in the market, I would suggest most should keep a fair amount of powder dry.

A possible trade for the bears may well be a short on the break of the $609 - 610 level on the October contract as per the chart attached. However it is worth noting that there have been repeated windows just below this level and these often make up additional support if $570 is breached, the 'Thin Blue line' on my Chart, there is no chance of any BO Pattern forming and even on a monthly view the chart would be inheritly bearish.

Chart attached shows windows/ Gaps and wedge formation with The wedge in Purple.

Attachments

• Wedge of Gold.doc
    188.5 KB · Views: 378
The Baptist said:
Hi,

One of the aspects of Golds chart (October 2006 future)for the year is that we have had repeated tests of the $609 -610 region on lower highs each time.

This is not a particularly bullish pattern (door wedge shape) and often results with the parallel line of support being broken. While in the market, I would suggest most should keep a fair amount of powder dry.

A possible trade for the bears may well be a short on the break of the $609 - 610 level on the October contract as per the chart attached. However it is worth noting that there have been repeated windows just below this level and these often make up additional support if $570 is breached, the 'Thin Blue line' on my Chart, there is no chance of any BO Pattern forming and even on a monthly view the chart would be inheritly bearish.

Chart attached shows windows/ Gaps and wedge formation with The wedge in Purple.

This seems to have similarities to Athols post on another thread, Apologise for some of the commonalities for those who have already seen that posting.

Short?

Been bumped in a short position on a sell stop at the $624.6 level ( A base had built just above this level) on Cash Gold.

A steep fall away has just commenced, that if followed through may test the low support point at $609 -$610.

$619 - $620 on cash is next support level. Horozontal lines on the chart mark the entry next support point and base support at $607.

Attachments

• Cash Gold 4 Hrly.doc
    231.5 KB · Views: 384
Took some profit at $619 on part of the position, still short on the rest, quiet a violent move. Bread and Butter for Bearish sentiment.

Will $607 level Hold?

Attachments

• Cash Gold 1 Hrly.doc
    243.5 KB · Views: 336
Sniff of Bull

Hi,

It appears support has started to come in before the lows of June.

A couple of rising hammers, i am fancing Gold for a little upside.

Will try get charts up tomorrow.

anticipating a pop to the 615-620 area currently long dec contract
will cover in that area and look for a short

Andy

Agreed with your view Andycan. For me the Cash needs to close above $613.5, which would be North of a Seam of Windows (Gaps) that have been prevalent since the primary move in April.

When I get Charts sorted I will post a visual aid.

Happy trading.

superb also 615 on the dec contract is the breakout from the flat bottom i suspect we will pop over the resistance line sucker the buyers then drop and drop hard as they try to cover longs

Andy

Watch the Window seam all through Gold

Hi,

Gold failed to close the gap on the window recently and has fallen back from its original effort.

This is bearish for now, bulls will require a close above 613.5.

The dotted black lines on the chart are previous gaps. Note the fall back hammer of today found support at previous gap levels, A higher base may be built just below the 'window seam' before attempting to breach this zone of significant resistance and support.

Note how previously it was support , circled in purple. I am still more disposed to the price getting above the 613.5 mark then not, although clearly not in one brisk move, after todays knock back. Lots of gap resistance around 630 - 645 level when breached and this would be my suggested turning point range for the next upleg before drifting down again.

Enjoy the Chart

Attachments

• Gold 29.9.06.doc
    203 KB · Views: 309
i took profits from long, i hate counter trend moves, this is a bear market
but structurely its still bullish short term, we hit 612.5 structure says more up im on the sidelines now questioning do we correct deeper before we go higher or do we still pop as the last bullish efforts
the weekly is neutral the daily is slightly bullish the 60 is bullish.
the bottoming action allows a move to 627 ish
by downside target was 601 ish it went to 599.2 did not compensate. the down moves should overshoot the structural lows so far going more or less as planned but if it did drop it would not be a great surprise as im bearish long term

Bull or bear

If the next downsing turns roughly where the other two primary lows we would have a wedge shape formation ie. bottom line is horozontal roughly.

This would be bearish, if we get a higher turning point and the shape resembles a more symetrical triangle it would be more likely for an upside break ot than downside.

So I await to see the next low level following from this up leg, currently the former is more likely given the closeness of the two lows at 570 and 571.

Time will tell if the formation tilts up a bit away from a horozontal wedge.

bull in a bear market

i hear you i do look at patterns sometimes but the break 615 area was a flat bottom triangle or a descending triangle as most call it, but what i have noticed with these types of patterns is once it breaks it drops then makes a gasping attempt to bust through resistance fooling the bears initially and sucking the bulls and then it drops desperately
i guess when i see it and its crystal clear i will trade

What a drop in gold! was looking at a bounce from 599
which we got then popped ready for a drop was only looking initially at the 593 area not surprised it dropped more how quick it got there

Ready for more of my non-intellectual quick-take:

Gold is going to suffer greatly over the next 2-3 years. Traders should favor the short position...

Good Luck.

Guga..........I've gotta disagree - politely though.
Cheaper Gold is just what this investor wants - now its got a 5 handle again I want the waste after you, andycan and the rest of the spex have finished trashing it - 560 Dec or below. I'll wait for you guys to give up......first.

HS

Great call andycan - you're becoming a legend