A teen interested in trading

Jonyface

Hey everyone im 16 and im interested in trading. I don't want to make a living out of it cause ive heard its extremely stressful but i would like to trade as a hobby. I don't have thousands of dollars to expend so how do I start? Im not looking to make big profits. Trading will be purely for experience and fun.

-First off am i too young?
-What should i look for in a broker? I don't want to pay an annual fee.
-What should i do before i enter into a real market. Right now I'm playing around in the investodedia simulator.

Thanks for suggestions

Last edited:
. . . -First off am i too young?
-What should i do before i enter into a real market. Right now I'm playing around in the investodedia simulator.
Hi Jonyface,
Welcome to T2W.

First off am i too young?
You are not too young to learn about trading, but you need to be 18 in order to open a brokerage account - in the U.K. at least. In Canada, I expect it will be the same or, possibly, 21. Go to any broker's website - and they will make any age restrictions very clear.

What should i look for in a broker? I don't want to pay an annual fee
Whilst you're learning, you don't need to worry about brokers at all. Ignore them for the time being.

What should i do before i enter into a real market. Right now I'm playing around in the investodedia simulator.
This sounds sensible enough to me. Soak up as much info' as you can and, in due course, open a free demo account and practice. In terms of how and where to start, you were sent a welcome e-mail when you joined. Click on the links in that, as the content is written with you in mind.
;)
Tim.

Hey everyone im 16 and im interested in trading. I don't want to make a living out of it cause ive heard its extremely stressful but i would like to trade as a hobby. I don't have thousands of dollars to expend so how do I start? Im not looking to make big profits. Trading will be purely for experience and fun.
-First off am i too young? .
Definitely not, the younger the better...

Run a mile from any Broker that charges an annual fee, but it would all come down to WHAT you want to trade in.

Get a proper Virtual account ASAP and use that till you have proven to yourself that you can be consistent month after month. Going live should depend on what you trade and how often you Virtual trade to get consistent.