"A student in need of charity!"

Oxyquinoline

Hello!

I’m a medical student in Sweden and one of my favourite hobbies is watching the market. I’ve always tried to understand day trading and really want to learn it from someone who knows how it works. A relative to me said that when you’re learning day trading it’s important to find your own way of trading that fits you and that there are countless ways to trade both successfully as well as unprofitable.

What he also said was that instead of learning by trial and error through countless hours of sitting in the market with a simulator he recommended me to try my best to find a mentor. He underlined that the mentor should do this free of charge and solely on purpose that they enjoy seeing someone else succeed in this lonely profession, and that they themself stand for the success and no one else. Kind of like how charity works! In opposite of the trading programs, who only long for money.

Getting the right foundation on which you will build your day trading career is highly encouraged to succeed, according to him. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to day trade with a simulator for quite some time now. I’m now writing this in hope, that there is a good soul amongst us, who can help this stray day trader.

Regards, Oxy :clap: :innocent: (y)

P.S.
PHP:
Now this relative doesn’t exist, its real name is “all the forum posts about day trading ever, summarized”. 

What I’m looking for is someone to guide me, and I know this is asking a lot. For example via Skype, chat or other means! 

What do you get in return? Nothing. Besides happiness in seeing someone else succeed, if that’s your thing! :) 

I accept any help!!

Hello!

I’m a medical student in Sweden and one of my favourite hobbies is watching the market. I’ve always tried to understand day trading and really want to learn it from someone who knows how it works. A relative to me said that when you’re learning day trading it’s important to find your own way of trading that fits you and that there are countless ways to trade both successfully as well as unprofitable.

What he also said was that instead of learning by trial and error through countless hours of sitting in the market with a simulator he recommended me to try my best to find a mentor. He underlined that the mentor should do this free of charge and solely on purpose that they enjoy seeing someone else succeed in this lonely profession, and that they themself stand for the success and no one else. Kind of like how charity works! In opposite of the trading programs, who only long for money.

Getting the right foundation on which you will build your day trading career is highly encouraged to succeed, according to him. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to day trade with a simulator for quite some time now. I’m now writing this in hope, that there is a good soul amongst us, who can help this stray day trader.

Regards, Oxy :clap: :innocent: (y)

P.S.
PHP:
Now this relative doesn’t exist, its real name is “all the forum posts about day trading ever, summarized”. 

What I’m looking for is someone to guide me, and I know this is asking a lot. For example via Skype, chat or other means! 

What do you get in return? Nothing. Besides happiness in seeing someone else succeed, if that’s your thing! :) 

I accept any help!!

Hi Oxyquinoline,

I have few comments about your post. I have been in your position and also helped others in your position, so I will share my experience from both sides.

I learned from courses and books, online etc, the same way most of us get into it. The fact that I had laid out my own money to learn gave me an attitude of respect and persistence for what I was getting into. Money being tight at the time, failure was no an option. This was a key factor in seeing myself through it all, regardless of the hurdles that were faced. If you start this industry with an atitude of charity, you are in fact depriving yourself of the one emotion that could be your greatest ally.

On the above point, what you will learn from a coach is something that will just save you time. A course will not give you success, just the basic information you need to find out for yourself what is required from you as an individual. There is a time element involved in getting your brain and eyes in looking a information in this way.

From the other side I have taken on people and shown them how to trade, without charging any money, just to help them get on. Some stayed and worked as they were supposed to. I am in touch with some who are active, others I have not heard from. In the second group here are people who gave up or moved to another course, and another.

I felt these traders gave up before they faced the mental challenges which were required of them. They had no commitment to what was shared with them so moving on was easy.

There will be a time when you will really need help and at that time you will know what you area you need help with. At this early stage, what you will learn will be more or less the same. Technical Analysis is similar all across the board, once you get familiar with it then you will know how to proceed.

This is the time to show your commitment to it by learning the basics yourself if you don't want to pay for a course. There is plenty of great information on here, all over the web.

The foundation of day trading is learning the art of reading market price action and volume. Focus on trading just one instrument while you learn and read the law of supply and demand. This is the basic. Please do that first if you have any question you can come back here with more question. I am sure you will find all the information you need here. I can also answer question if I am around. Remember, focus, price action and volume, patience and persistance is all you need to start this journey.

Hi Oxyquinoline,

I have few comments about your post. I have been in your position and also helped others in your position, so I will share my experience from both sides.

I learned from courses and books, online etc, the same way most of us get into it. The fact that I had laid out my own money to learn gave me an attitude of respect and persistence for what I was getting into. Money being tight at the time, failure was no an option. This was a key factor in seeing myself through it all, regardless of the hurdles that were faced. If you start this industry with an atitude of charity, you are in fact depriving yourself of the one emotion that could be your greatest ally.

On the above point, what you will learn from a coach is something that will just save you time. A course will not give you success, just the basic information you need to find out for yourself what is required from you as an individual. There is a time element involved in getting your brain and eyes in looking a information in this way.

From the other side I have taken on people and shown them how to trade, without charging any money, just to help them get on. Some stayed and worked as they were supposed to. I am in touch with some who are active, others I have not heard from. In the second group here are people who gave up or moved to another course, and another.

I felt these traders gave up before they faced the mental challenges which were required of them. They had no commitment to what was shared with them so moving on was easy.

There will be a time when you will really need help and at that time you will know what you area you need help with. At this early stage, what you will learn will be more or less the same. Technical Analysis is similar all across the board, once you get familiar with it then you will know how to proceed.

This is the time to show your commitment to it by learning the basics yourself if you don't want to pay for a course. There is plenty of great information on here, all over the web.

Hi Charles!:)

Thanks for replying to my thread!

What I was looking for wasn’t someone to teach me the basics. It’s just I want guidance; “I recommend this youtube video for learning Bollinger Bands!” “If you want to know about EMA I recommend this thread!” etc.

I want someone to consult me, through skype for example. Since I have small amount of free time, every guidance helps. I don’t want someone to tell me what things are, only how I can learn in the quickest, and what they consider, the best way!

I Hope this makes sense.

Hi Charles!:)

Thanks for replying to my thread!

What I was looking for wasn’t someone to teach me the basics. It’s just I want guidance; “I recommend this youtube video for learning Bollinger Bands!” “If you want to know about EMA I recommend this thread!” etc.

I want someone to consult me, through skype for example. Since I have small amount of free time, every guidance helps. I don’t want someone to tell me what things are, only how I can learn in the quickest, and what they consider, the best way!

I Hope this makes sense.

Hello Oxyquinoline,

I hope I didn't come on too strong in my first post. What I was trying to convey was that for everything you do there is ALWAYS a price to pay, whether financial, time commitment or some other form. For most people money is a price that always seems to do the trick. Few will brush it aside after parting with money.

Time is something we feel we have plenty of, we see ourselves as immortal and there is always tomorrow. Only you can decide what is the right price for you, whether money, time or anything else.

But for what you have asked for in this post, you will get plenty of guidance here. One of the moderators, Timsk I think is the best person to guide you on whats available on this forum.

You can try these until he comes online.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/30625-i-m-new-trading-where-do-i-start.html

Maybe I can be more of help at a later stage.

Best of luck.