95% of traders lose... This is nothing more than a myth.

You must have had some really, really bad experiences in your attempts at trading. All you seem interested in doing is trying to prove that everyone is as faking useless at it as you.

I actually read numbers as low as 40% ,on another forum . some traders said 98% , others were looking for lower numbers to present

So this was quite amusing.:LOL::LOL:

You must have had some really, really bad experiences in your attempts at trading. All you seem interested in doing is trying to prove that everyone is as faking useless at it as you.

6099-darktone-albums-general-5-picture4462-risk-blinkers.jpg

Its the blinkers jon

We disagree because you are talking about your trading style which i dont know , and i am talking about the idea of using tight stops to get better results which is a myth .

Wow. Hard to believe you have not managed to improve your r/r in all this time.

If 95% of traders fail, how are the other 5% doing? What % are breaking even, and what % are getting rich?

Is it possible that with only good money management to succeed taking random trades or pot shots?

If 95% of traders fail, how are the other 5% doing? What % are breaking even, and what % are getting rich?

Is it possible that with only good money management to succeed taking random trades or pot shots?

In my case and circle it is 20% lose , they are not posting here though!

In my case and circle of losers the number 120% loose, they are not posting here though as they have a life away from the screen! Unlike me!!. Trading is my life apart from on jam butty fridays, in the AM, after choir practise...
Yeah, bit tied up atm eh

Last edited:
You have to be right yes but if you use tight stops you have to be dead right that's what i meant which is impossible on the long run , not to mention the effect of trading costs on your trading if you use tight stops 13 pips Vs 7 pips ! , i think this forum mentality is one of the reasons why 90 or 95 % traders lose , trading forums are full of myths like that ... good luck ...

and the ratios to show again that you are full of it when it comes to giving advice to people.

Attachments

• thuu.PNG
    thuu.PNG
    232.3 KB · Views: 138
  • profit.PNG
    profit.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: klw
I luv T2W :D
Im not one to stir :innocent:, but you wanna see what see what that lluzer bloke has been quoting you on mate :cheesy:

Last edited:
You are replying to my posts from 2012 , relax !

When you find lower numbers , please post them .I know you are good at looking for them.

Most of the profitable traders like me are being blindly forgotten , with inattention blindness , among the 95% numbers.I think you are all suffering from selective attention.

Its not clear what you want , but anyway i posted a link to a university study in these forums shows that 99% or so lost in day trading stocks , and the member rhody or whatever his nic had a similar study in fx .

The exact number doesnt matter , most lose money , the key here is - in the long run - . The numbers at the op are screwed because of survivorship bias , i dont care if 30% of current fx traders made money in the last quarter .

Last edited:
If it was a myth, I'd drink cocktails on some ocean shore! :)
It's just a questions of scale. Of losing and profitable trades ;)