Best Thread 55000 % in ONE month !

I think we dont need such a performance 550 times every month , if you can double your account every quarter (33% monthly ) and you double your stake every Q after one year your account will be 1600% after two years 25600% !! , and that is more than perfect only you need 33 % monthly ...
I think scalping is good but not for every one i tried it and i won 3 contests ( got third at ABN last winter ) ... But it is so difficult to keep up with such a performance , and when the market changes its behavior u will lose your touch and u will stop wining ... If anyone think to trade for a living my advice is to think more seriously about trading , maybe scalping is the way to go for some people but not for a long time and not for everyone ...

Good luck for Mag and all

Just my 37 pence

maybe scalping is the way to go for some people but not for a long time and not for everyone ...

Why not for a long time?

Just make sure you manage your risk properly and adapt to the changing market conditions

Why not for a long time?

Just make sure you manage your risk properly and adapt to the changing market conditions

Cuz markets changes , u change , rules changes

( I am talking about hyper scalping to make such a huge performance , i am not talking about daytrading )

What u think guys of ( hyper scalping ) and building stake by using Betonmarkets Flash bets ( u can bet using 0.5 minute option ) oil , G/J and majors as well .The advantages : u can bet as small as 1 $ bet and there is no spread , R:R 50:50 either u loose your stake or u double . Disadvantages : there is expiry for your bet u choose between ( 0.5 - 4 ) minute ... maybe we can trade momentum this way easier ...

my 219 pence

I checked their pricing now , because of volatility they say they will change their prices , example : for 100 $ bet payout it will cost u 50.12 instead of 50 ....

OK, this was admittedly on a demo account, but that is still what Magellan achieved over 3000 trades in one month at ABNAMRO's shyly named Heroes become Legends trading challenge:

1 Magellan 54.905,52 %
https://www.abnamromarketindex.com/de/TurnierSpielstand.aspx

And it's no fluke either, he is also in real life with real accounts an extremely successful short termscalper who has been around several other trading boards for quite some time.

You can have a look at some of his trades here that he did outside of the challenge.

Click on his pics to open them up bigger.

SR Trading - Forum - Börsenforum • Thema anzeigen - Der heilige Gral ?

Like I said earlier, anybody who is daytrading or scalping with less than say a hundred mill or so is really doing something wrong if they don't average out at around .5 or 1% / trading day.

looks to me like there may have been a problem with the software during the competition. first place gets 54000% return and coincidently second place gets 53000% the rest are 3000 and less. similar thing happened with this sites competition. guy in 100th place doesnt seem to have made a trade at all and is up 50%

Tar, I think Lord Lucan was pretty spot on RE scalping: if you want to do that and keep on doing that you really need to go with a direct access broker who will not start making life difficult for you at some point.

looks to me like there may have been a problem with the software during the competition. first place gets 54000% return and coincidently second place gets 53000% the rest are 3000 and less. similar thing happened with this sites competition. guy in 100th place doesnt seem to have made a trade at all and is up 50%

Well thats simply life which is a pyramid like it or not.

The last guy with the 50% entered one leveraged trade and didn't close it, hence it appeared as a no-trade.

Here is another read RE a great scalper, some guys here actually know the guy, I don't know him but I know somebody who traded with him at the then Midas Trading House in their proprietary trading operations where they only traded their own funds, and where with a small team of hugely talented traders they quickly became the biggest volume movers on the Deutsche Termin Börse, as the EUREX was named at the time. Midas Trading House was eventually forced to close down because the managers had "forgotten" to pay taxes in their Salzburg branch offices. The Flipper aka Paul Rotter was the the by far most profitable trader there, but had already moved on to trade for himself before this tax evasion incident with which he had absolutely nothing to do. One of the heads of Midas responsible for tax evasion later crashed his Lambo on an autobahn, unclear if that was suicide or not.

But whatever the reasons behind that amazingly stupid, short sighted tax evasion greed that was totally unnecessary for such successful traders, the guys at the then Midas were all scalpers hauling it in by the bucket full through scalping including Paul Rotter, the number one there who moved on to achieve a regular 8 figure / year income.

Couple of articles I'm putting up together that I had on file:

"MYSTERY OF THE YEAR

Finding the Flipper

It has been a source of great debate among traders on the Eurex all year: Who is the Flipper? Is there a Flipper? Is there in fact more than one Flipper? Could there be a whole organized army of Flippers? How many Flippers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

In April, the Eurex announced a rule change after a number of participants petitioned the exchange with complaints about a trader, or traders, known only as the Flipper. The ranting mob was convinced that the Flipper, suspected to be a Dublin-based trader specializing in the German two-year government bond known as the Schatz, was "gaming" the market. The accusation: This trader would offer to buy or sell a large volume at a particular price. The offer would attract other traders, who would post their own buy or sell offers at the same price. The trader would then withdraw his offer and reverse his position, from sell to buy or vice-versa, to take advantage of the price he had created. According to reports at the time, this mysterious trader might have been making as much as $5.5 million a month.

Does the Flipper truly exist? One Dublin-based prop trader's name is commonly bandied about -- he was unavailable for comment -- but London market-movers say that it is probably not possible for someone to game the market the way the Flipper has been accused of doing. Put simply, they say no one trader or trading group has the financial clout required for the type of price swings associated with flipping the market. Instead, they suggest, fluctuations are caused simply by the ebb and flow of pre-programmed system trading. Reluctant to let healthy skepticism get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, we honor the Flipper for the havoc he has caused and the money he is making. Here's to you, Flipper, whoever you are. Your legend keeps growing."

Trader Daily § The Online Home of Trader Monthly Magazine

"Meet the Flipper:

Is eight figures a realistic goal? It has been done by private own account traders for years. Paul Rotter from Germany, 32 years old, is one trader that has made €50-60+ million ($65-78 million) per year for 10 years trading the most liquid contracts at the biggest futures exchange in the world, Frankfurts Eurex debt futures, primarily the Bund contract.

In 2003 I received an email from a former Man Financial broker in London who said, "One of our private customers has been the highest volume trader on Eurex for the last 8 years. He trades approx 3 million lots a month and makes himself €50 million a year, which he has apparently been doing for the last 10 years." In 2004 I learned that it is Paul Rotter. He is notoriously called "the flipper".

The bottom line is there are other traders, we never hear about, making 8 figure profits. If Rotter's trading style did not attract attention then we would have never heard of him. If Rotter and others can do it, then maybe you can to. Remember, trading is very risky and you will lose all your money if you do not know what you are doing and when to do it. So please do not trade unless you are ready and willing to accept and take personal responsibility for the outcome.

In January 1998, Kinski, Rotter and some other traders formed a Dublin-based prop-trading firm, Greenhouse Capital Management.

Rotter's balls-to-the-wall modus operandi helped Greenhouse prosper, but not without some tense moments. The firm began life with $1.3 million in seed capital and featured, in addition to Kinski and Rotter, two other standout own-accounters, Pino Curcio and Florian Albrecht, the latter one of Rotter's closes boyhood pals. As a unit, they worked well together, though Rotter was clearly the star. "It was do or die," Kinski recalls. "We knew Paul would have these large positions -- in one day we could have been out of business."

By the end of its first day, Greenhouse was up $526,000. Within three months the firm had made $6.5 million, though not without ruffling some feathers. "Paul has sometimes played a controversial role," Kinski acknowledges. "Some traders didn't like him because he was changing his position so quickly." In 2001, Rotter formed Rotter Invest and eventually moved his operations to Zug, Switzerland, an affluent town that's home to its share of traders..."
Paul Rotter - aka "the Eurex Flipper"

Paul is arguably the single largest and most succesful individual futures trader on planet Earth, executing trades on the German Eurex exchange primarily in the Bund, but also in the Bobl and Schatz interest rate futures. He trades between 200-300,000 roundturns daily using the X_Trader platform, and clearing through GNI Touch.

Every trader can aspire to imitate Pauls success as he is proof that it IS possible for a small trader to build on his success and grow into the biggest most active speculator around.

Interview introduction (translated from German language interview with Traders Mag):

Paul Rotter has made it - he belongs to the best traders in the world and counts as a real big player. he usually does 150 000 rt/d, sometimes up to 250 000 mostly in BUND/BOBL/SCHATZ futures. in the hall of fame of celeb EUREX players he's top notch end even leaves tom baldwin (bonds) or lewis borsellino (S&P) behind. he had to work hard to make it. he blew up in the beginning of his career, which was painful but also educational - he learned his lesson and with lots of research, seeking improvement all the time, he became the man.

q: was there any key event that brought you into the game?
a: no, no key event like 'buying my first stock'. took part in some trading contest while at school.

q: how did you get to professional trading?
a: when i was apprentice in a german bank i had to work on the DTB (now EUREX) execution desk for several weeks. this attracted me a lot. during that time i was doing gamble trades on my private account, losing pretty much all of it. when it was deeply in the red, i had to leave the bank but shortly after, i was allowed to start trading in a japanese bank. i was very lucky here, since i was allowed to gain knowledge through learning by doing.

q: did the bank give you any mentor?
a: not, i didnt have one. in the beginning i was exchanging ideas with the chieftrader ajiasaka, who was constantly profitable. he sometimes even hedged the positions of his boss, when he thought that his boss was wrong. i had many conversations about market psychology, which proved to be very helpful, especially after bad losing days.

q: how was your trading back then? have you been constantly profitable from the very beginning?
a: i was doing 100 - 150 rts a day after a short time...i had no losing month with the first 3 years of my trading. later on with bigger position sizes i took occasional hits, especiallly after EUREX allowed terminals in the US and big players like harris brumfield / chicago were entering the field.

q: there is a saying that every trader has to completly blow up his account at least once before he can become successful. what did you learn out of it?
a: like i earlier said, my private account saw some bad times during my apprentice in the bank, although i must admit, that back then i had absolutely no idea that there was something like 'risk-managment'.
later on i found 7-digit losses to be cumbering. on day i had a blackout and after losing 2,5 mln I was seriously thinking about stopping. i still had enough capital left to live without having to worry about financial issues and i just wouldnt want to take those psychological hits anymore. after taking 4 weeks off, i regained my motivation and returned in the ring. i was able to make up the loss in a relatively short period of time, so that i came out stronger than before.

q: has this changed the views of the market in a way?
a: with the expirience of bigger losing days coupled with good phases right afterwards, I'm not so sensible for losing days anymore. i know that i can make it back. this has lead to being able to switch off the screens on a day with medium/small losses more easily, instead of forcing the way back into positive territory.

q: what are your strengths as a worldclass trader and where are the differences between you and other traders?
a: it's the ability to get more aggressive in winning phases, taking bigger risks, and scaling back in losing times. this is against human nature. the best thing is to have somebody around who is neutral to trading, that switches the terminals off, when a certain loss level has been reached for the day.

q: you are known as a orderbook-scalper, could you please explaining to our readers what you are doing and what your strategies look like? what is your tactic?
a: it's some kind of market making where you place buy and sell orders simultaneously, making very shortterm trading decisions b/c of certain events in the orderbook (level2). for example, i usually have lots of orders in different markets at the same time, pretty close to the last traded price. the resulting trades are usually a zero sum game, but i get a pretty good feeling for what is going on and then ultimately can make a decision for a larger trade.

q: how long are you usually in a positon?
a: since i do trend plays very seldom and actually scalp the market, i constantly get fills in different markets on both sides which can cause constantly changing positions for hours. sometimes i change my opinion several times within a couple of minutes, which is not pretty hard for me, since I'm only looking for the next 3-5 ticks.

q: during your professional career, have you always been a scalper or did you try other strategies (momentum/swing) as well?
a: yes, i have always been a scalper, but i am adjusting my strategies to different market situations all the time. on volatile days i of course have less orders in the market and do more 'single trades', although i ususally hold them only for a couple of seconds.

q: your strategies only work on electronic exchanges?
a: yes, b/c you cannot handle that much orders in a pit, looking for counterparties and so on. computer exchanges grant faste orderflow and are not as easy to manipulate.

q: as a scalper, are you trying to run stops?
a: well, yes, but because of the increase of liquidity in the last couple of years, the fast spikes caused by stops are not happening that often anymore. apart from that, that stops often are not where you would suppose them to be, because the other market participants are not silly either or learned their lesson in the past.

q: what role plays risk-managment in your trading?
a: i set daily goals for my p&l, whereas the most important thing is the stopping limit, the maximum loss i take, before i switch off the screens. my biggest positions are 5 digit number of contracts. i dont use any specific money-management rules.

q: what are you doing when a position goes against you? are you using stop-loss orders?
a: i striclly close my position when they start going against me. with bigger positions this is not that easy, because i move the market against me, which could cause other traders to get in the same situation like me, which could accelerate the move. however, most of the time i am able to make some of the losses up, b/c i know what caused that move and therefore take the opposite position.

q: why dont you have any problems with closing out the position and even taking the opposite direction? shouldnt a trader stick to his opinion?
a: no, definetly not. an analyst or some kind of gure has to stick to it, but as a trader you should have no opinion. the more opinion you have, the harder gets it to get out of a losing position.

q: what role plays market psychology?
a: i constantly try to read the psychologiy of the market and base my decsisions on it.

q: how do you handle distracting thoughts and emotions?
a: when it gets really bad - taking a cold shower or jumping in a cold swimming pool.

q: how do you prepare for the trading day? do you follow any routines or do you take it as it comes?
a: before the open i check all the economic reports that are about to be released, speeches of central bankers - simply anything that could move the market. then i try to define important levels in the markets i trade. i do this through my own analysis and through reading analyst commentaries. that's how i get a picture of the market and its important levels. i am not interested in opinions of other market participants as this would influence my own opinion.

q: anykind of mental preparation?
a: nothing specific. actually i am motivated all the time...i see trading more as a sporting challange and try to erease the thought of the money.

q: how many hours do you spend in front of your screens?
a: usually 5 hours, thats when i trade actively...in case of special events i can be up to 11 hours

q: isnt it hard to spend that much time in front of your pc's? how do you stay concentrated for such a long time?
a: that is what my japanese colleagues asked themselves as well...well i take it as some kind of game where i forget the time. therefore the real troubles are more physical (eyes) than psychological.

q: what do you do to calm down / relax?
a: i do lots of sports and take lots of vacations.

q: what equipment do you use?
a: MD-trader from TT, reuters, bloomberg, CQG and a USD-squawkbox.

q: why a USD-squawkbox?
a: i use it because €/$ had some effects on the intrest rates over the last couple of months. those effects change, right now it influences oil prices and the DAX.

q: what timeframes are you using on your charts?
a: usually 5- - 30-min charts for trendlines and indicators. i prefer p&f charts because they give me a clearer view on patterns (triple tops). for indicators i like the CCI because it also shows the volatility of the markets.

q: do you think is it possible for a single player to manipulate the market?
a: no, in my opinion a single player cannot influence the market around the clock. there are always several big players in the market. take the BUND for example - there are one million contracts traded a day. when a trend starts out of the blue with only slight pullbacks, i could trade against it, but with no effect. i couldnt stop the market from going up, because there would be more money needed that i could bring in. apart from that, so-called 'Analytics' computerized scalpers have made it tougher for me lately. as far as i know they are analysing the behaiviour in the orderbook and create a fully automated system. since they act in several markets at the same time, i think these computer freak come from the fully automated arbitrage- and spread-trading.

q: what has one to do if he wants to become a scalper?
a: he has to watch the orderbook for a very long time."

Paul Rotters homepage:

Rotter Invest - Über das investieren

Last edited:
BSD thanks for the article , i read the interview last winter ....
We didnt mention direct access even Lucan didnt mention direct access ...
And i agree with u , if anyone want to be real scalper he should use DA not oanda and capitalspreads ... anyway i agree there is successfull scalpers but it is not 4 everone and it is not the only way to trade , my advice to traders who wants to trade for living to think seriously about trading maybe they r good at swing trading , maybe they r good at daytrading , maybe they will be a successfull scalpers , but not everyone will be good at this type of scalping , and there is many methods out there beside scalping , look at the richest men in the world they r investors not scalpers ..

Definitely true tar, everybody needs to decide for themselves what works and what doesn't for them, that is the number one key to success.

Nice topic, partly because of the articles you posted BSD: thanks for that. :)

I was wondering, what kind of (technical) strategies could a scalper use? I do not mean Maggelan' strategies, but more in general. Perhaps we could have a inspiring brainstorm about this. :) For example, here there's an article with 6 scalping techniques. (Even though they don't look very profitable in backtesting, as far as I could find :))

Regards,

Jos

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
direct access brokers

Tar, I think Lord Lucan was pretty spot on RE scalping: if you want to do that and keep on doing that you really need to go with a direct access broker who will not start making life difficult for you at some point.

Could you elaborate on this, the differences, how to determine who is a direct access broker and who isn't.
Is a direct access broker the same as an ecn; a computer exchange the same as a money maker order desk?

Thinkorswim says they're a market maker (order desk) not an ecn, but that they send all trades to market and don't compute
with customers. I'm thinking to go with them for trading equities based on their reputation, unless there's a more direct and reliable route.

Hi Jos, good points. Lotsa very good scalpers here.

My take is that anything that works on higher time frames works on lower ones as well, you just need to be sure that you can still beat transaction costs as far as commissions, spreads and slippage go, and reaise that you will be making fewer points per trade.

Hi John, with direct access I just meant a broker who directs your order to a proper exchange that has one real price everybody can trade on and with great speed at that, by contrast spread betters and CFD providers are not actually brokers in that sense at all, they are more like bookies making their own market, and they do not really have the real prices of exchanges either, you are trading off of the spreadbetters price, and not the real market price with a spreadbetting firm.

Spreadbetting does not encourage scalping because they basically make their money like casinos or bookies, not through commissions like real brokers, but on betting that net their customers lose money, but with scalpers they aren't really able to hedge their worst risk exposure sufficiently, so sooner or later they will throw hurdles in your way outside of the demo platform.

That is also why Maggi said he is looking for a direct accesss broker.

Spreadbetting is probably fine for daytrading and swing trading if you keep your stops far enough away from price, but it does not work for scalping once they have identified you as a net profitable scalper.

I don't know thinkorswim so can't comment.

I'd always recommend going with say www.interactivebrokers.com

Or have a look at GNI via the best charting package out there, CQG.

My take is that anything that works on higher time frames works on lower ones as well, you just need to be sure that you can still beat transaction costs as far as commissions, ...

Not everything for sure

Seen a trader over on elitetrader called 'candles' making lots of points off of 30second charts. Just gotta find what YOUR good at in the trading world.... Well done to this Maggi character!

My take is that anything that works on higher time frames works on lower ones as well, you just need to be sure that you can still beat transaction costs as far as commissions, spreads and slippage go, and reaise that you will be making fewer points per trade.
Interesting, but I think I don't agree. From what I've backtested now (not an awfull lot though) it seems that the lower the time frame, the harder it is to find something good. It's not just the extra commission, but the slippage is a much bigger percentage of the move with scalping. Besides, there seems to be more noise on a low timeframe.

Regards,

Jos

Reactions: tar
Hi mate,

you are absolutely right, transaction costs including slippage must be overcome, and because of the smaller stop losses and take profits that does become harder on lower time frames.

Re noise, imo every time frame has the same trend (buyers stronger than sellers and vice versa) and range (buyers and sellers equally strong) components.

If I showed you a 1 min chart from a liquid and volatile market it would be indescernible from say a one hour or even daily chart, because all charts make the same patterns, uptrends, downtrends, fast reversals, slow reversals, indecision.

Humans couldn't do this, but a lot of algo strategies consist of API's doing thousands of trades per day targeting micro amounts across many markets, so the potential for that is there, we as humans just need to find our edge.

When too many are all doing the same thing that models viability suffers, and that is indeed a phenomenon we are witnessing currently with the mass demise of hedge funds due to, amongst other reasons, shocking performance, and quite a few of those hedge funds were running such quantitative micro momentum models.

One possible edge we as humans have is going longer time frame than machines, and all it takes for that is any time frame above ticks basically, but maybe not even necessarily that.

All I can say is that if you look at a tick or 1 min chart of what must be a volatile and liquid market like say €/$ you will see lots of very tradeable trends that offer you lots of opportunities per every single trading day.

The most important skill every trader needs to develop who wants to become net profitable is standing aside during periods of indecision, when we are ranging. Unlike higher time frames and unless you are a machine / API there will not be sufficient range to profitably play the congestion on low time frames, keeping transaction costs in mind.

Good trading :)

Hi mate,

you are absolutely right, transaction costs including slippage must be overcome, and because of the smaller stop losses and take profits that does become harder on lower time frames.

Re noise, imo every time frame has the same trend (buyers stronger than sellers and vice versa) and range (buyers and sellers equally strong) components.

If I showed you a 1 min chart from a liquid and volatile market it would be indescernible from say a one hour or even daily chart, because all charts make the same patterns, uptrends, downtrends, fast reversals, slow reversals, indecision.

Humans couldn't do this, but a lot of algo strategies consist of API's doing thousands of trades per day targeting micro amounts across many markets, so the potential for that is there, we as humans just need to find our edge.

When too many are all doing the same thing that models viability suffers, and that is indeed a phenomenon we are witnessing currently with the mass demise of hedge funds due to, amongst other reasons, shocking performance, and quite a few of those hedge funds were running such quantitative micro momentum models.

One possible edge we as humans have is going longer time frame than machines, and all it takes for that is any time frame above ticks basically, but maybe not even necessarily that.

All I can say is that if you look at a tick or 1 min chart of what must be a volatile and liquid market like say €/$ you will see lots of very tradeable trends that offer you lots of opportunities per every single trading day.

The most important skill every trader needs to develop who wants to become net profitable is standing aside during periods of indecision, when we are ranging. Unlike higher time frames and unless you are a machine / API there will not be sufficient range to profitably play the congestion on low time frames, keeping transaction costs in mind.

Good trading :)

Lower time frames doesnt reflect fundemantals , most of the time its random walk based on emotions and computers ..

Look at Paul the flipper he made millions from scalping but Warren buffett made 60 billion from investing , u want money u should to be patient and trade without emotions , lower time frames reflect emtions more than logic ...

Good luck in your scalping

ps. i am not against professional scalping , but my take that this is not the way to be very rich :)

Lower time frames doesnt reflect fundemantals , most of the time its random walk based on emotions and computers ..

Look at Paul the flipper he made millions from scalping but Warren buffett made 60 billion from investing , u want money u should to be patient and trade without emotions , lower time frames reflect emtions more than logic ...

Good luck in your scalping

ps. i am not against professional scalping , but my take that this is not the way to be very rich :)

Those computers and emotional traders aren't just hitting buy and sell randomly, which means that the price movements aren't random either - figure out what everyone else is up to, and you can take advantage. Who cares whether everyone else is being emotional or logical? The important thing is that they are being (at least partially) predictable.

As for Buffet being richer than Rotter, that's mostly a function of liquidity - you can't really scalp on an account the size of Buffet's net worth. Scalping will never have the same ultimate growth potential (in absolute terms) as long term investing, but good long term investing will never beat good short term trading (in terms of %ROI) on a reasonably sized account.

Reactions: BSD
Tar, you make valid points, but we must keep this in mind:

Buffett made the bulk of his not really fungible fortune through the appreciation of the stock of his holding vehicle Berkshire Hathaway, NOT through his actual investments themselves.

Buffett cannot be compared with a scalper going after micro targets for liquidity / slippage reasons that at some point prevent further compounding.

Buffett can however be compared with a short term trader who trades in the shortest time frame liquidity will allow him to be in and going for somewhat larger targets that account for liquidity and slippage, somebody like say George Soros or SAC's Steve Cohen whose firm routinely accounts for as much as 3% of the New York Stock Exchange's average daily trading, plus up to 1% of the NASDAQ's -- a total of at least 20 million shares a day, guys in other words who both run Billions yet daytrade, people who make their personal payouts out of that in the hundreds of millions and even Billions in cash every single year.

The Billions Soros and Cohen etc make every year through short term trading are translated into liquid wealth directly after every trade is closed out, while Buffetts wealth is tied up in the stock of BH.

Edit: fiftyaces got to it before me.

;-)

Those computers and emotional traders aren't just hitting buy and sell randomly, which means that the price movements aren't random either - figure out what everyone else is up to, and you can take advantage. Who cares whether everyone else is being emotional or logical? The important thing is that they are being (at least partially) predictable.

As for Buffet being richer than Rotter, that's mostly a function of liquidity - you can't really scalp on an account the size of Buffet's net worth. Scalping will never have the same ultimate growth potential (in absolute terms) as long term investing, but good long term investing will never beat good short term trading (in terms of %ROI) on a reasonably sized account.

As i said i am not against professional scalping but i want to show readers in this thread that scalping for some people not all , and investing is better in the long run if u r good at it ( richest men in the world r investors not scalpers )
Lower time frames r less predictable hold less logic and more minuplation and stop hunting,profit taking ... etc
If u r good at scalping good 4 u , but if u r good at investing and longer time frames u will be really rich its matter of time ..
I dont care if i can make 250 k monthly with a flat growth curve ( because of limited volumes at scalping ) .. i prefer to make 25 k monthly with upward growth curve , like what happened with Warren Buffett he started w normal amounts , but if he stuck to scalping trading, u will not find his name at forbes list even if he was a professional scalper ...

ps. i scalped alot at real account and contests , i made 100 trades daily but i found a 1 good long term trade better than 100 trades scalping , i am talking about myself only ...