Best Thread 55000 % in ONE month !

Hi, spot on Neil, completely true.

He said if I remember right that he has a hard emergency stop 20 pips away that he has automated, but normally like you say he exits manually.

Good trading mate

That definitely makes sense F500.

Although that said, on the low time frames he trades, eg 10 sec, there should normally be some good moves to be found on a regular basis even if the 1 hourlies are merrily chop-chopping around.

demo ?

i think on demo there is nothn to loose and you can take big risk to hit the spot.try with hardworking money to have better ideas.

Actually it says in the thread that he is extremely proficient with real money as well, and anway with the 3000 trades he did in the challenge luck has very little to do with the result.

Besides, it's about his methodology and consistency, ie even if he did risk more during the challenge it is still a superb scalping technique that he has and that he can apply in his real accounts as well.

I gues he must be using the ABN AMbro platform ?

I would have thought it´s difficult to scalp for small profits using a sbread betting company because of the (a) Spread (b) Speed of execution ?

Last edited by a moderator:
To scalp and make a profit you need the fastest execution and the lowest costs. It is not likely anyone spread betting or using a retail DMA broker could compete effectively/efficiently unless their (Demo) platform lags TT/CQG slightly letting you get in in the moment after the actual move but before it appears on their platform.

To scalp and make a profit you need the fastest execution and the lowest costs. It is not likely anyone spread betting or using a retail DMA broker could compete effectively/efficiently unless their (Demo) platform lags TT/CQG slightly letting you get in in the moment after the actual move but before it appears on their platform.

What are you saying exactly mate ?

That he invented this ?

That he is in cahoots with ABN ?!?

lol

ABN have the same platform as Oanda and that is indeed more than fast enough for anyone who doesn't have sausages for fingers to scalp on the prices you get on their platform lol.

I don't know about ABN, but I was at Oanda for a time and there were some suucessful scalpers there, manually or with API's.

:LOL:

That is what he did after all, this is not some woulda-coulda-shoulda typical unproven board bragging after all, this is a proven achievement.

That said, Maggi did say somewhere that he is or was looking for an ECN broker.

i don t remember very well not hiting the spot on demo . i have had a demo with saxowebtrader new website trading 30 mn per 2 to 3 days i remember the 100k demo initial ended 130k in 3 to 4 weeks ,but that was not a good score at all i judge it bad for a demo ,even i was spending very few mn just to know that platform .

You dont need the fastest, bestest whatever to do anything.

My battered, 8 year old Integra type-r will have most shiny new porsches on the country roads where I live.

we re discussing about scoring in demo and real .demo is very far from real .demo you can t loose .in real you have think more not to loose but with demo you don t worry about loosing .there is a big difference .it s got sense

Buddy buzz off I have zero interest in your bull****.

You couldn't trade your way out of a paper bag any better than all other spammers selling BS to gullible newbies to dumb to ask for proof.

Open an account at Oanda and deliver us the proof of your 80 pips an hour but otherwise just open your thread and buzz off, I have zero interest in talking with paper tigers and losers like you who do nothing but spread pollution around these boards.

The spam filters here REALLY need tightening !

cool BSD .you need proof ?i give you proof of 100/100 profit rate daily .open and account on lite forex or just forexmicrolot then i trade on it .i trade on your deposit to show you .it s the only way to have a proof .unless you wait i feel good to show report.it s easy for GBP/JPY and it s easier when it s less volatile :free good info for you .Don t worry i m a mathematician certified .trading belongs to mathematicians too,they can bake with forex believe me .cheers .

Look buzz off you loonie, open your own thread and stop polluting mine with your garbage.

What are you saying exactly mate ?

That he invented this ?

That he is in cahoots with ABN ?!?

lol

ABN have the same platform as Oanda and that is indeed more than fast enough for anyone who doesn't have sausages for fingers to scalp on the prices you get on their platform lol.

I don't know about ABN, but I was at Oanda for a time and there were some suucessful scalpers there, manually or with API's.

:LOL:

That is what he did after all, this is not some woulda-coulda-shoulda typical unproven board bragging after all, this is a proven achievement.

That said, Maggi did say somewhere that he is or was looking for an ECN broker.

If he did so well legitamately and after round trip costs then very well done to him.

Personally, if I wanted to win this competition I would look first at inneficiencies like time lags in the platform especially with the wild moves at the time. As it was I was too busy making real money and don't understand why anyone who can do so would forego the profits of such a great trading month to win a competition.

...but I made the post mainly to comment on what the person above me said about spreads etc.

If he did so well legitamately and after round trip costs then very well done to him.

Lol where do you lot come creeping out from...

What do you mean IF he did so...

He DID so...

On top of the official results from ABN just look at the charts he was continuously posting WITH his trades...

which part are you having difficulties grasping...

Why did Market Wizard Marty Schwartz enter dozens of trading competitions...

to make a name for himself.

I'm not jealous..... but am in a bit of a bad mood after losing money.

Well done to the guy for winning the competition.

OK read up on some old posts of Lord Lucan and I guess I owe you an apology, you seem to know whats what, and were therefore making valid points RE CFD providers OR spreadbetters NOT being the providers of choice for scalpers, an ECN is obviously the far better choice, as after some point of your having success with scalping via spreadbetting or CFD's it'll be like with Jesse Livermore and his bucket shops, they'll start making it harder and harder for you to make money, as they won't hedge your positions on the undersatnding that most customers lose anyway.

Although in all fairness I must add that this is just a general observation, as, to repeat, Oanda do have a share of longer term API and manual scalpers.

So sorry again didn't mean to be harsh, but in my excuse I was at the dentist this morning, then had a choppy day, and then the spammer showed up, and then, well, anyway, to make it short, good trading and no hard feelings my Lord.

:)

let s be cool guys and cooporate intellectually.personnally i ll like to learn from anyone having and i idea i might try to add my touch and correct the weakness on it .sometimes the truth comes from the non sense ,the unbelievable ,the unknown even the lost one.the truth is neither more for you than for me ,nor more for me than for you .Pick up the truth with a logicial approach ,but logic is hard because many have only social logic ,how to judge the different ignoring many things.there areamnything arround one thing .logic is just hard

You're always at the dentist BSD and it always seems to put you in a bad mood! I read another post from you saying the same from yonks back :LOL:

Haha true :)

I used to be a dentist till I gave up my practice to day trade in 1999, so I sympathise, especially having had molar root canal treatment myself recently :)
Richard

Commiserating here ;-)

Thanks. Hope your teeth are all as they should be.

Hehe thanks my Lord alls well albeit never too pleasant...

Shall we actually turn this into a general scalping thread...

If I got that right you scalp as well LL but via an ECN or direct access or whatever the correct english expression is for that...

The idea being that scalping is imo one of the better options for dealing with the current mess right now...

Even if hourly charts are pretty messy you can still find some pretty good trends on eg 1 min charts...

I started out extremely short term scalping financial futures, then eventually moved on to higher time frames like 30 min or 1 hourlies, but have currently gone back down to the 1 min time frame to escape the otherwise omnipresent chop and find some follow through again.